Acon Digital Equalize is a parametric equalizer plug-in that combines unique features with excellent workflow and an intuitive user interface. Unlike other equalizers, you can freely adjust not only center frequency, gain and bandwidths, but also the filter slope for each band. The filter slope can be set anywhere from 3 dB to ultra-sharp 120 dB per octave. Needless to say, you can operate Equalize as a zero latency plug-in when using the minimum phase mode or choose to preserve the phase relationships in the linear phase mode. Equalize goes one step further, though, and introduces the unique mixed phase mode that allows you to set the latency freely in the range 5 to 120 milliseconds while preserving the phase relationships as far as possible. That gives a unique control over potential pre-ringing artifacts which is a common problem with linear phase filtering. Latency values below 20 milliseconds ensure that any pre-ringing is masked by the temporal masking of the human hearing while preserving the time-alignment across the audible frequency range.
Great care has been taken to provide a user interface that is straight forward to use. Band parameters can be adjusted using handles directly in the graphical representation of the frequency response, including bandwidths and filter slopes. A flexible real-time analyzer lets you monitor every aspect of the processing. You can easily switch between full, mid, side, left or right channel processing for each band and Equalize automatically routes the audio signal internally to ensure the best results and lowest possible latency.
The new version of Equalize includes two new filter types – tilt and bandpass. It now offers a total of eight different filter types. Just like the previously available filters, both the tilt and bandpass filters offer the unique continuously adjustable filter slopes in the range 3 to 120 dB per octave.
The frequency range of the equalizer curve can now be altered conveniently by dragging the edges of the frequency axis or moved by clicking and dragging the center. This makes it possible to zoom in on specific frequency ranges for more precise control. A new preferences page offer user settings such as analyzer resolution and user interface language. Another new feature is the optional piano keyboard display above the frequency axis. Band frequencies can easily be set to match a tone’s frequency by clicking the key on the piano keyboard.
Acon Digital Equalize Equalizer Audio Plugin Download Features
- Eight different band filter types — low cut, low shelf, peak, tilt, bandpass, notch, high shelf and high cut
- Up to twelve independent bands
- Freely adjustable gain, frequency, bandwidth, resonance and filter slope
- Three different phase modes, including the novel mixed phase mode with adjustable latency
- Choose channel mode for each band independently (mid, side, left, right or full processing)
- Two new filter types — tilt and bandpass filters
- Adjustable frequency range in the equalizer curve editor
- Optional piano keyboard display
- EUCON and full Pro Tools HW controller support
- New preferences page with spectrum analyzer, tooltip, language and piano roll settings
- Spectrum analyzer with adjustable frequency tilt
- Band frequency, gain, bandwidth, resonance and filter slope is freely adjustable for each band
- Zero latency in minimum phase mode
- Channel mode (mid, side, left, right or full processing) can be set independently for each band
- Multiple selection of bands
- Resizable graphical user interface
- Solo and bypass modes
- Optional automatic make-up gain
- Optional gain to bandwidth linking
- Two spectrum analyzers that can analyze the input or output signal from the mid, side, left or right channel
- Graphical visualization of the equalizer frequency response
- Preset manager and a large number of factory presets
- Save, load and categorize user presets