The Akai APC64 Ableton Live Performance Controller is the ultimate tool for DJs and producers everywhere. Take your performance to the next level with Akai's revolutionary new controller - it'll give you the ultimate platform to express yourself.
With 64 RGB velocity-sensitive pads with poly-aftertouch and 8 fully assignable touch strips, you won't be running out of options to create complex and intricate beats and melodies. Enjoy total control over your performance with the revolutionary internal step sequencer. This will let you switch up your sets and mix up musical soundscapes like never before.
Put your performance above the rest with the Akai APC64 - the only controller capable of capturing your imagination and turning it into reality. Take a step into the future with this powerful Ableton Live controller. Our revolutionary technology marks a new milestone in live performance hardware; make your performances come alive and join the new era of production.
Akai APC64 Ableton Live Performance Controller Features
- In depth control of Ableton Live
- 64 velocity-sensitive pads with poly aftertouch for launching clips, playing notes, creating beats, and sequencing patterns
- 8 fully assignable touch strips enable hands-on control of devices, expression, the mixer and more
- Color display with encoder dial for real-time visual feedback
- Powerful production and performance features
- Play notes, chords, trigger drum racks as well as controlling Live’s session view
- Step sequencer mode for creating melody and drum patterns in Live
- Send to Clip integration for transferring MIDI to Ableton Clip Matrix
- Probability, velocity and mutate functions enable creative experimentation
- Apply per-track swing to your beats, along with length and time division settings
- Effortlessly navigate Ableton Live
- Backlit mode buttons enable quick access to Live’s functions
- Dedicated transport control with Play, Stop and Record buttons
- Full color display instantly feeds back session information
- Standalone sequencer and external hardware control
- Unplug your computer and connect synths and drum machines to 3x 1/8” MIDI ports
- Take control of your modular rig with 8 separate CV/gate outputs
- Program the step sequencer or trigger events with the pads, and send continuous control data with the Touch Strips
- APC64 comes with a software application for editing parameters and saving presets in standalone, including a custom mode wherein RGB colors can be freely assigned
- Ships with Ableton Live Lite and a collection of plug-ins
- Includes Ableton Live Lite which works seamlessly with APC64 right out of the box
- Live Lite includes sounds, instruments and sequencing, recording and arranging capabilities
- Suite of plug-ins from Air Instruments and Sonivox: including classic keyboards, synths, reverbs, vocal processors and vintage effects
- Comes with an additional 1GB of Loops and drum samples from Sampletools by CR2 Records
In Depth Control of Ableton Live
APC64 enables in depth control of Ableton Live for music-creation and live performance. The 8x8 pad matrix features 64 velocity-sensitive RGB pads for launching clips (and much more) in the darkest studios and under the brightest stage lights. Add expression to your performances with 8 fully assignable Touch Strip controllers. Place vibrato, modulation, filter cutoff and other parameters at your fingertips; Adjust volume or effects sends to control your mix without missing a beat, and always keep track with APC’s color screen displaying information about what you are controlling and where your levels are.
Powerful Production and Performance Features
APC64 is a powerful composing tool. Write unique melodies and chord progressions with Notes and Chords modes that turn the 8x8 pad matrix into an expressive musical palette. When you need help finding inspiration, experiment with Probability or Mutate features to take your music in unexpected directions, then instantly capture the results with the internal 8 track, 32 Step Sequencer.
Effortlessly navigate Ableton Live
Bring out the best of Ableton Live with hardware workflows designed for seamless DAW control. In addition to scene launch buttons, APC64 features transport controls with dedicated Play, Stop, and Record buttons. Arm tracks, dial-in volume, adjust sends, or spread your sound with panning controls.
Call up Ableton Live’s functions with secondary controls of the backlit mode buttons that help you save time but more importantly, stay inspired and productive. Dive deeper into Live’s devices with hands-on control of instruments, effects, processors and more.
Standalone sequencer and external hardware control
Creative moments can often be found away from your computer; APC64 is ready to control your MIDI / CV hardware for standalone, DAW-less functionality. Power APC64 over USB and connect your favorite synths, Eurorack modules, keyboards, drum machines, and more. APC 64 has 8x CV / Gate outputs as well as 1 MIDI in 2 MIDI out ports (via mini TRS jacks). The standalone Step Sequencer enables up to 8 tracks with 32 steps and 16 note polyphony on each track; with continuous control available via the 8 touch strips. Customize your own layout with the included APC Project Editor Software to personalize and store presets for quick recall later.
Suite of Plug-in Instruments and Effects
APC 64 comes with a collection of Air instruments and Sonivox VST / AU plug-ins; including classic keyboards and synths, as well as reverb, vocal processing and vintage effects to add to your DAW’s standard plug-ins. This comprises Air Instruments Tubesynth, Electric, Ether, Vocal Tuner; Half Speed and Flavor; and Sonivox Essential Keyboard Collection Also included - 1GB of Loops and drum samples from Sampletools by CR2 Records.
Comes with Ableton Live Lite
Ableton Live is the leading DAW for composing, live looping, and performing. Based on two modes of working: Session View and Arrange View, Live enables improvisation and more deliberate arrangement wrapped up in a workflow that seamlessly weaves the two modes together. Ableton Live is packed with instruments for every style and genre with room for expansion with a countless number of packs, instruments, and sounds. DrumRack is a powerful tool for your samples. Navigate DrumRack seamlessly with control of individual pads, quadrants, and more. Sample and edit your own sounds easily to create your own custom kits!
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.