Uncompromising quality, the Discrete 8 Pro Synergy Core is a 26x32 Thunderbolt 3 and USB 2.0 audio interface with onboard real-time effects. The Discrete 8 Pro SC introduces Antelope Audio’s latest software features and allows studio owners, bands, and recording engineers to record with legendary sound quality. With blazing-fast Thunderbolt 3 and USB 2.0, ultra-low latency performance, and even better effects processing capabilities, the audio interface is worthy of carrying the name of the model that first introduced us to the Synergy Core technology.
Antelope Audio Discrete 8 Pro Synergy Core Interface Features
Uncompromising A/D & D/A conversion and clocking
- High-fidelity conversion for detailed sound when recording and streaming audio, and 64-bit AFC™ clocking technology delivering spacious stereo image with distinct separation;
- Eight Discrete console-grade 6-transistor preamps on combo XLR jacks for professional recordings. The combo jacks work as microphone/line inputs, and two of them are Hi-Z compatible;
- Eight DC-coupled analog output channels (D-Sub 25), two reamp outputs (TRS), ADAT & S/PDIF I/O. All I/O can be used simultaneously in real time;
- 37 Synergy Core analog-modeled effects included and over 60 available as optional expansions. Processed in real-time with imperceptible latency;
- Two routing options are available – standard routing that lets you switch audio sources per channel via drop-down menu and virtual patch-bay allowing the execution of advanced input/output routing via drag and drop.
The A-D/D-A converters and signal clocking are at the heart of every studio. The Discrete 8 Pro has been upgraded with latest generation converters (up to 130dB of headroom) and Antelope Audio’s proprietary 64-bit AFC™ clocking. With the interface in your rack, you can experience a new level of detail in your recordings and enjoy wider soundstage for an exceptional stereo image in audio playback.
The key to transparent recordings
Antelope Audio’s discrete preamps topology is a descendant of the great console preamps of the time. Designed using a combination of transistors, the Discrete preamps result in maximum noise reduction and, most importantly, precise sound capture for most transparent recordings.
Extensive connectivity for your entire studio
The Discrete 8 Pro SC offers impressive analog and digital I/O in one rack space. Eight mic/line inputs, two instrument inputs, eight DC-coupled line outputs on D-Sub 25, two reamp outputs, a pair of monitor outputs, two headphone outputs, ADAT and S/PDIF I/O are at your disposal. For your computer connection, you have USB 2.0 & Thunderbolt 3 ports. All I/O is available at any time and can be used simultaneously without the need to change setups, making it easy to work on multiple sessions.
Push the FX processing further
The 37 effects coming with Discrete 8 Pro are modeled after iconic studio equipment and can be applied in real-time during monitoring, post-production, and live recording. The analog-modeled compressors, EQs and preamps, are processed with near zero latency entirely inside the interface, putting zero load on your host CPU. The onboard Synergy Core contains the processing power of a complex multi-rack setup which enables you to load effects on up to 16 channel strips – this is double the available channel strips compared to the original Discrete 8 SC.
At any time, you can expand your collection by purchasing more analog-modeled effects such as Grove Hill's Liverpool, and 3rd party effects like Antares’ Auto-Tune.
Expansive feature set
The virtual routing patch-bay on the Discrete 8 Pro streamlines the routing process and even adds creative possibilities. Apart from the intuitive routing, the software control panel allows you to create presets, quickly configure mixes, and more. With the enhanced processing, you can now add effects on every input source.