The all new ART Digital MPA II is a great two channel microphone preamp with the added versatility of digital output.
Like the ProMPA II, each input circuit has 48v phantom power and features variable input impedance which can radically vary the overall performance of any high quality dynamic or ribbon microphone. The Digital MPA II can be configured for dual mono or stereo operation with selectable mid/side mic support, summing the adjacent channel, to decode left/right signals.
The input section of the Digital MPA II operates at either a low or high plate voltage applied to the two integrated hand-selected 12AX7 tubes for wider variation of preamp tone and performance. Large back-lit analog VU output meters display input or output levels while multi-colored LED arrays, with average or peak hold, show tube gain and digital output levels.
In addition to XLR and 1/4 inch analog outputs, the Digital MPA II features a high quality A to D converter which offers digital connectivity on S/PDIF, ADAT, or AES/EBU outputs. A rotary control on the front panel allows selection of format and sample rates from 44.1 to 192 KHz and 16 bit dithering. There is also a push button for, and two wordclock jacks, allowing loop-through.
The Digital MPA II comes in a standard 2 space rack-mountable steel chassis, with CNC routed black anodized aluminum face panel.
- Variable Input Impedance For Flexible Microphone Voicing (150 Ohms To 2400 Ohms)
- Selectable Plate Voltage
- Large VU Meters
- Backlit Function Switches
- Discrete Class-A Input Microphone Preamplifier
- Low Noise at Lower Gain Settings
- Extremely Low Total Harmonic Distortion (THD)
- Wide Frequency Response
- Additional Front Mounted Instrument Input Jack
- Supports Mid/Side Miking Technique
- Operates at +4dbm/-10dbv Output
- Selectable Stereo/Dual Operation of Output Controls
- Automatic Instrument Input Selection
- 24-204KHz External sample rate
- 44.1K, 48K, 88.2K, 96K, 176.4K, 192K Internal sample rates
- 24/16 bit switchable dithering
- Wide dynamic range A/D
- Rotary Encoder for quick selection of sample rate
- Separate analog and digital output level controls
- Digital Level LED meters display both Average and Peak level
- ADAT optical I/O
- Sync to incoming ADAT data rate
- Switch selectable optical output (S/PDIF or ADAT)
- AES/EBU and S/PDIF outputs
- Two wordclock jacks allowing loop through