Real-time intuitive control, the PolyBrute stimulates your creativity to unimaginable possibilities. The 6-voice pure analog PolyBrute builds on award-winning technology and sound to deliver the polysynth you’ve been waiting for. PolyBrute has an expansive morphing architecture and a solid, expressive 61-key range that'll take your sound where no synth has gone before.
Arturia PolyBrute Analog Synthesizer Features
Evolution of the Brute
- 6-Voice Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
- Two analog oscillators :
- Sawtooth, Triangle + Metalizer, Square + Pulse Width, Sub Osc.
- FM and Sync
- Noise generator with continuous noise color
- Oscillator and Noise Mixer with Filter Routing
- 12dB Multimode Steiner-Parker filter
- Continuous LP > HP > BP morphing & Brute Factor
- 24dB Low Pass Ladder filter with filter Drive
- Filter FM with Oscillator or Noise FM modulation
- Three Envelope Generators
- ADSR’s with looping capability
- Three LFOs
- Two multi-waveform LFOs with Phase, Fade-In and Sync options
- LFO3 has a variable waveform and advanced retrig capabilities
- Motion recorder
- Record movement on knobs, sliders, ribbon, Morphe´e. . Movement played back in one shot or loop mode
- Three Digital Effect slots
- Modulation, Reverb and Delay effects
- Multiple FX preset for each slot
- Send, Insert or True Bypass modes
- 12x32 Modulation Matrix
- Up to 32 destinations & 64 connections . 64 step Polyphonic sequencer
- Key, Accent, Slide & 3 tracks of parameter mod . OLED display & Preset browsing
- 768 Preset slots & 384 Factory Presets
- 61-note Keyboard, Velocity and Aftertouch . Ribbon controller
- Morphe´e XYZ controller
- Morphing control, Sequencer randomisation or Matrix modes
- Stereo master outputs
- Sync in and out
- Pedal inputs: one sustain + two expression pedals . MIDI and USB interfacing
- PolyBrute Companion Software
- Visualize and edit Presets, including Morphing. . Preset librarian
- Plugin version for DAW integration
PolyBrute’s panel has knobs and switches delivering the immediate satisfaction of real-time tactile control over your entire analog domain.
Each pure analog voice is a feature-packed sonic power tool featuring two highly versatile Brute waveshaping VCOs, a full-spectrum noise generator, enhanced Steiner multimode filter, custom lowpass ladder filter, 3 LFOs, 3 Envelope Generators, and more. They all meet up in the Matrix to bring you patching flexibility normally reserved for modular systems.
Use PolyBrute's 6 voices polyphonically or in splits and layers - and stack them in Unison mode when you want to peel the paint off the walls. The sum total is an endless palette of sounds ranging from beauty to beast.
Morph or modulate?
Imagine being able to smoothly sweep all parameters at once. PolyBrute goes even further, with each preset existing in two states simultaneously - and a dedicated Morph knob that lets you seamlessly morph between them, revealing an infinite continuum of inspiring new sounds in between.
Great-feeling pitch and multifunction wheels provide familiar expressivity, with the flexibility of parameter assignment. There's even an assignable touch-sensitive strip immediately above the keyboard ready for you to slip, slide and tap. Arguably at the heart of this expressive performability is the Morphée three-dimensional touchpad. This revolutionary feature offers 3-axis control over patch morphing, sequence/arpeggiator randomization, or up to 32 assigned Matrix modulations per axis - adding a unique human touch.
Finally, PolyBrute is supercharged with expansive modulation functions. Say no to static basslines and monotonous chord voicings; use 3 LFOs and 3 Envelope Generators to inject organic movement and dynamics like never before.
Enter the matrix
Instant access to 768 presets. No menus, no waiting - just like everything else on PolyBrute. The Matrix is the digital brain to PolyBrute's analog heart; a flexible, hands-on interface with multiple functions that can be tailored to your performing, recording, or composing needs.
In Mods mode, the Matrix button grid is a digital patchbay, letting you easily route any of your modulation sources and controllers to influence just about any parameter you can think of. With 64 connections and up to 32 modulation destinations, you’re fully empowered for some serious synth wizardry.
In Sequencer mode, the Matrix becomes a visual interface presenting everything you need to create ear-popping polyphonic sequences, arpeggios and trailblazing hybrids. In addition to notes, you can also record and replay your synth parameter changes, transforming the Sequencer into a whole new modulation source to breathe energy into your tracks and performances.
PolyBrute puts all that analog power right up front with dedicated knobs and switches—making menu diving and memorization a thing of the past. Almost everything you touch also generates MIDI, so you can capture your every move as part of your DAW productions.
Need some instant attitude? Crank up the enhanced Steiner filter’s Brute Factor. Want to change the cutoff on both filters at once? Grab the Master Cutoff knob. Time to shake the foundation? Dial in VCO 2’s sub-oscillator. It’s all right there in front of you. To complete the classic look, a set of optional wooden legs are available.
Step back, leap forward
PolyBrute comes armed with powerful sequencing and arpeggiation abilities.
Use the Matrix in Sequencer mode to fire up a 64-step sequence, step away from the keys, and focus on real-time modulation and dynamic tweaking. Add velocity, accents, slides, and randomization for sequence.