The Audio-Technica AT4080 achieves the coveted ribbon microphone sound while solving the problems of fragility and low output that have historically plagued ribbon mics.
Delivering the warm, smooth sound of a classic ribbon microphone, Audio-Technica’s handcrafted AT4080 Ribbon Microphone offers a robust build for long-lasting, reliable performance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers.
Equally at home in recording studios and live-sound settings, the microphone features Audio-Technica’s innovative MicroLinear ribbon imprint, which protects the dual ribbons from lateral flexing and distortion. With 18 patents pending, Audio-Technica’s innovative ribbon transducer advances the evolution of ribbon microphone design. Experience the difference.
Audio-Technica AT4080 Ribbon Microphone Features
- Smooth, warm and natural high-fidelity sound for professional recording, broadcast and sound reinforcement
- Groundbreaking Audio-Technica ribbon design with 18 patents pending
- Proprietary MicroLinear ribbon imprint for superior durability
- Innovative dual ribbon construction for increased sensitivity
- Extremely powerful N50 neodymium magnets for high output level
- Ultra-fine mesh helps protect against ribbon damage
- Classic bidirectional (figure-of-eight) polar pattern picks up sounds equally from the front and back of the element
- High-SPL capability and extended frequency response
- Extended frequency response for natural audio reproduction
- Acoustic baffle system and extra large output transformer provide natural low-frequency response and extended dynamic range
- Handmade production – including ribbon corrugation, imprint and assembly
- Open acoustical environment of the housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections
- Phantom-powered active electronics provide stable impedance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers
- Custom shock mount provides superior isolation
- Certified by the METAlliance (Music Engineering and Technology Alliance)