The Audio-Technica AT-MONO3/SP is a high-output (1.2 mV) moving coil cartridge designed specifically for use with 78 RPM mono shellac records.* Due to the horizontal configuration of its PCOCC (Pure Copper by Ohno Continuous Casting) voice coils, the AT-MONO3/SP cartridge only generates electrical signal with horizontal movement, yet it also has appropriate compliance in the vertical direction to keep groove wear to a minimum. The voice coils are wired in series, resulting in one mono signal that is transmitted to the cartridge’s white-blue terminals and red-green terminals in order to feed both inputs of a stereo phono preamp.
The cartridge’s low-mass 2.5 mil conical stylus is mounted on an aluminum cantilever for excellent tracking of the wider 78 RPM shellac grooves. The cartridge features a strong, rigid body of die-cast aluminum alloy and synthetic resin to eliminate unnecessary vibrations.
* This cartridge with 2.5 mil conical stylus is not compatible with microgroove 33-1/3 and 45 RPM vinyl records. It is designed to play 78 RPM SP (standard play) shellac records.
Audio Technica ATMONO3SP Dual Moving Coil Cartridge Features
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Dual moving coil cartridge designed specifically for use with 78 RPM shellac records*
- Aluminum cantilever with 2.5 mil conical stylus
- Strong, rigid body construction of die-cast aluminum alloy and synthetic resin
- PCOCC (Pure Copper by Ohno Continuous Casting) coil enables pure signal transfer
- Compatible with stereo playback systems
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.