Based on models originally developed for use in the broadcast of the Sydney Games in 2000, the BP4027 Stereo Shotgun microphone is 14.96 inches long and is engineered for high-end broadcast and production use.
The BP4027 features independent line-cardioid and figure-of-eight elements configured in an MS (Mid-Side) arrangement with switch-selectable internal matrixing. This innovative microphone allows sound recordists the choice of selecting a left-right stereo output (wide or narrow) via the microphone’s internal matrixing system or choosing discrete Mid-Side signals for later manipulation, a flexibility not available from any other manufacturer.
A switchable low frequency roll-off filter helps minimize the pickup of unwanted low frequency noise. The phantom powered BP4027 features a rugged lightweight design and sleek black color scheme, perfect for on-camera use.
Audio-Technica BP4027 Stereo Shotgun Microphone Features
- Designed for broadcasters, videographers and sound recordists
- Compact, lightweight design is perfect for camera-mount use
- Independent Line-cardioid and Figure-of-eight condenser elements
- Switchable low frequency roll off
- Switch selection of non-matrixed MS mode and two internally-matrixed left/right stereo modes
- Includes a 0.61 m (24 inch) cable (5-pin XLRF to two standard 3-pin XLRM connectors)