Based on models originally developed for use in the broadcast of the Sydney Games in 2000, the BP4029 Stereo Shotgun model, which is 9.29 inches long, is engineered for high end broadcast and production use.
The BP4029 features independent line-cardioid and figure-of-eight elements configured in an MS (Mid-Side) arrangement with switch-selectable internal matrixing. This innovative microphones allow sound recordists the choice of selecting a left-right stereo output (wide or narrow) via the microphone’s internal matrixing system or choosing discrete Mid-Side signals for later manipulation, a flexibility not available from any other manufacturer.
A switchable low frequency roll-off filter helps minimize the pickup of unwanted low frequency noise. These phantom-powered models feature a rugged lightweight design and sleek black color scheme, perfect for on-camera use.
Audio-Technica BP4029 Shotgun Microphone Features
- Designed for broadcasters, videographers and sound recordists
- Compact, lightweight design is perfect for camera-mount use
- Independent Line-cardioid and Figure-of-eight condenser elements
- Switchable low-frequency roll-off
- Switch selection of non-matrixed M-S mode and two internally-matrixed left/right stereo modes
- Includes a 0.61 m (24 inch) cable (5-pin XLRF to two standard 3-pin XLRM connectors)