The U843R boundary microphone is ideal for a variety of video and audio conferencing applications. With three cardioid condenser elements in a single housing, the phantom-powered U843R offers a remarkably versatile tool for surface-mount installations. It is ideal for a variety of video and audio conferencing applications, especially when used with an Audio-Technica automatic SmartMixer®. Levers on the microphone base allow easy reorientation of two elements to offer 360° or 300° coverage. Since elements can be powered and used individually or in any combination, further flexibility is easily achieved.
For example, with two elements powered, the microphone can provide a figure-of-eight polar pattern; with a single element powered, the microphone functions as a standard cardioid boundary microphone. Installation and repositioning are extremely quick, thanks to four recessed pathways on the base of the microphone that enable the user to route the cable as required to accommodate any installation requirements; no tools or disassembly are needed. The microphone also offers Audio-Technica’s innovative UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology.
Audio-Technica U843R Multidirectional Boundary Microphone Features
- Three cardioid condenser elements mounted in a single housing
- Easily reposition two elements (via levers on the microphone base) to offer 360° or 300° coverage; each element can be powered and used individually or in any combination
- Also functions as a stereo boundary microphone
- Provides full, efficient and flexible coverage – fewer microphones required
- Small-diameter capsules near boundary eliminate phase distortion and deliver clear, high-output performance
- Low-frequency attenuation improves sound pickup without affecting voice quality
- Cable routes through any of four recessed pathways on the microphone base (or down for direct feed through a table surface); no tools or disassembly required
- UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- Heavy die-cast case and non-slip silicone foam bottom pad minimizes coupling of surface vibration to the microphone
- Low-profile design with low-reflectance finish for minimum visibility
- U843R is ideal for a variety of video and audio conferencing applications, especially when used with an Audio-Technica automatic SmartMixer