Low-profile design with superior clarity make the U853PMW perfect for speech, theater, orchestra, and choir sound reinforcement and recording. The U853 condenser hanging microphone is equipped with UniGuard® innovations that offer unsurpassed immunity from radio frequency interference. This phantom-powered microphone accepts interchangeable elements – omnidirectional (360°), cardioid (120°), hypercardioid (100°), and UniLine® (90°) – available separately.
Audio-Technica U853PMW Cardioid Condenser Microphone Features
- Designed for suspension over choirs, instrumental groups and theater stages
- Wall/ceiling plate power module permits permanent installation in standard metal U.S. single gang electrical box
- Superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback
- UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- UniSteep® filter provides a steep low-frequency attenuation to improve sound pickup without affecting voice quality
- Accepts interchangeable elements to permit angle of acceptance from 90° to 360°
- Low-profile design with low-reflectance finish for minimum visibility
U853PMW: cardioid polar pattern (120° acceptance angle); 25.0' (7.6 m) cable terminated with a TA3F connector for use with the included AT8534 wall/ceiling plate power module (+10 dB gain switch, 80 Hz high-pass UniSteep® filter); white finish.