Austrian Audio OC818: The worlds first Multi-Pattern, Dual-Output Condenser Microphone with optional Wireless Control.
Engineered and manufactured in Austria, The OC818 is Austrian Audio’s premier, professional, large diaphragm microphone. Its high sensitivity, low self-noise and ability to handle everything from a whisper to extreme SPL make it the most advanced microphone for studio, broadcast and live applications.
The heart of the OC818 is the handmade CKR12 ceramic capsule, made to the same critical dimensions as the classic CK12 capsules. As the unique ceramic capsule design is so consistent, any OC818 is match-paired with any other OC818, and when in cardioid mode, it can also be match-paired with any OC18, its affordable, smaller sibling.
Our free PolarPilot app (Android and iOS) allows real-time wireless control over your analogue patterns, high-pass, and pad in realtime via Bluetooth
Making Passion Heard
We bring passion to everything we do, and nobody brings more than our engineering team. Every CKR12 ceramic capsule is handmade in-house at our facility in Vienna and now we are developing the next generation of transducer and microphone builders to serve our expanding customer-base.
Austrian Audio OC818 Condenser Microphone Features
- Optional remote control of OC818 via smart device
- Bluetooth connectivity via phantom power
- PolarPilot-App available for iOS or Android
- Control polar patterns, pads and high pass-filters
- Save, recall, and share favourite settings
- Discover and create 255 discrete polar patterns
- One setting may be stored in OC818 for use without PolarPilot app
- The OC818 is always pure analogue: only the analogue bias voltages are being governed remotely
- Switching also is always analogue
- No digital in either the audio or bias paths. It’s everything you want, with none of what you don’t
- 60 second OC818 clipping monitor/logger
- Wireless control from the comfort of your chair