Wireless control from the comfort of your chair! With Austrian Audio's OCR8 Bluetooth module and the PolarPilot app (free download for iOS and Android in the Apple App Store and on Google Play), you can remotely control your OC818 from your smartphone or tablet. Powered by the 48-volt phantom that powers the mic, the OCR8 is activated via the Preset mode switch setting (the "•" position all the way to the right).
Once paired with your device, the PolarPilot app gives you full wireless control over the OC818's polar patterns, highpass filters, and pads. The app also features an overload monitor that displays a red bar if the signal is too loud. In which case, engaging the 10dB pad will reduce bias voltage to the capsule and protect the mic’s internal circuitry from clipping.
Austrian Audio OCR8 Bluetooth Remote Features
- Our free PolarPilot app (Android and iOS) allows real-time wireless control over your analogue patterns, high-pass, and pad in realtime via Bluetooth
- Save, recall, and share favourite settings
- Discover and create 255 discrete polar patterns
- One setting may be stored in OC818 for use without PolarPilot app
- The OC818 is always pure analogue: only the analogue bias voltages are being governed remotely
- Switching also is always analogue
- No digital in either the audio or bias paths. It’s everything you want, with none of what you don’t
- 60 second OC818 clipping monitor/logger
- Wireless control from the comfort of your chair