As kids of the 80s, the minds at Baby Audio have always been drawn to the sound of slightly out-of-tune synths, warm tape saturation, gritty samples and grainy reverbs.
Enter the Super VHS. The result of setting out on a mission to capture the lofi spirit of their favorite decade - and bring it into a new decade.
Meet a complex algorithm with eight simple knobs. They named it ‘Super’ for its powers and ‘VHS’ for its sound.
Rewind to the VHS-Era
Baby Audio wanted this plugin to be like sending your sounds back in time, then re-discovering them on a worn-out VHS tape 30 years later. All with the click of a single button, right inside your DAW.
The result is six unique effects coming together in a versatile channel strip. Super VHS will add some lo-fi authenticity to whatever clean sound you run through it — especially as you mix and match the effects. Each effect has just a single control, but multiple parameters under the hood, allowing for a wide range of results.
Baby Audio Super VHS Audio Plugin Download - Features
Six unique ‘one-knob’ effects inspired by the VHS-era.
- STATIC - Static noise generated by an internal synthesizer
- HEAT - ‘Analog tape’ saturator, inspired by consumer-grade tape machines
- SHAPE - Sample rate reducer inspired by 1980s 8-bit samplers
- MAGIC - Widening FX inspired by the Juno chorus, but darker and deeper
- DRIFT - Pitch fluctuation LFO for unpredictable time and pitch shifting
- WASH - ‘Bad hall’ reverb inspired by budget friendly 1980s rack units