The amazing K-2 analog synthesizer with dual VCO is designed for insanely fat music creation. Paying homage to the iconic Korg synthesizers from 1978 to 1983, the K-2 lets you conjure up virtually any sound with incredible finesse and ease. Korg synthesizers have been favored by numerous world-famous artists including: Aphex Twin; Arcade Fire; the BBC Radiophonic Workshop; Daft Punk; Depeche Mode; A Flock of Seagulls; Gorillaz; Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark; Snarky Puppy and a host of others.
With its pure analog signal path, dual authentic VCOs with 4 selectable waveforms each, plus extremely flexible VCF and VCA filters, the K-2 is sure to become your favorite keyboard. Owning the K-2 is like having your own personal time machine, enabling you to embrace the past – or make your imprint on the future!
Behringer K-2 Analog and Semi-Modular Synthesizer Features
Pure Analog Signal Path
- Authentic reproduction of original circuitry with matched transistors and JFETs
- Pure analog signal path based on authentic VCO, VCF and VCA designs
- Semi-modular architecture with default routings requires no patching for immediate performance
- First and second generation filter design (high pass/low pass with peak/resonance)
- 4 variable oscillator shapes with variable pulse widths and ring modulation for ultimate sounds
- Dedicated and fully analog triangle/square wave LFO
- 2 analog Envelope Generators for modulation of VCF and VCA
- 16-voice Poly Chain allows combining multiple synthesizers for up to 16 voice polyphony
- Complete Eurorack solution ??? main module can be transferred to a standard Eurorack case
- 36 controls give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Comprehensive USB/MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
Great care has been taken in engineering the K-2, including the true to the original VCO, VCF and VCA designs and pure analog circuitry with matched transistors and JFETs. This highly-focused attention to detail is what gives K-2 its ultra-flexible sound shaping capability, which covers everything from super-fat bass and lead tones to stunning effects – all the way out to the otherworldly sounds of your imagination.
Rock Right out-of-the Box!
Your K-2 comes ready to rock, thanks to its default signal routing that doesn’t require lifting a single patch cable to instantly create amazing sounds. The semi-modular architecture lets you easily tap into the inspired sounds of 1980s and ’90s progressive rock, wave, EDM and synth-pop music synthesizer tracks that made rock and roll history – or to design incredibly fat and original sounds that will make you a legend in your own right!
The very heart of K-2’s sound is its versatile 24 dB/octave filter, which lets you freely experiment with the High and Low-Pass Cutoff Frequencies and their respective peak (resonance) settings to dial in the perfect sound. The high-pass filter sets the level of signals below the cutoff frequency, effectively reducing the fundamental and lower-order harmonics levels. The low-pass filter controls the level of signals above the cutoff, which reduces higher-order harmonic content. K-2’s VCF Peak controls provide emphasis to the signals at the crossover frequency.
K-2’s authentic Voltage Controlled Oscillators (VCOs) provides an incredible range of 4 variable oscillator shapes with variable pulse widths and ring modulation for the ultimate in sound creation. VCO 1 waveform choices include triangle, reverse-sawtooth, noise and pulse, where the pulse width can be adjusted from square wave to narrow across a 4-octave range (32', 16', 8', or 4'). VCO 2’s waveform can be selected from reverse-sawtooth, square, narrow pulse and ring, where both oscillators are operating. VCO 2’s pitch can also be varied independently across a 4-octave range (16', 8', 4' and 2'). The VCO Mixer allows you to adjust the levels of VCO 1 and VCO 2 to create an overall mix and a wide range of amazing effects.
The Envelope, Please...
Make that envelopes! K-2’s Low Frequency Oscillator (LFO), the Modulation Generator, features a selectable Waveform (reverse sawtooth, triangle, sawtooth) with a sweepable frequency range from 0.1 to 22 Hz – and 2 separate Envelope generators to help you craft incredible sounds! Envelope Generator 1 affects the frequency modulation via controls for Delay, Attack and Release Time, while generator 2 adjusts the cutoff frequency modulation, as well as amplitude modulation of the Voltage Control Amplifier (VCA). Dials for this generator include Hold, Decay, Attack, Sustain, and Release for unparalleled envelope-shaping control.