Immediately upon its debut in 1981, the monophonic Sequential Circuits Pro-One quickly established itself as the synthesizer of choice for numerous artists including: Thompson Twins, the Prodigy, Depeche Mode, Vince Clarke, New Order, Prince, Soft Cell and a host of others. Owning the PRO-1 is like having your own personal time machine, enabling you to embrace the past – or make your imprint on the future!
The Pro-One is an ultra-affordable homage to that iconic synthesizer with all the features of the original and then some, the PRO-1 lets you conjure up virtually any sound with incredible finesse and ease. With its pure analog signal path, dual authentic VCOs with 3 selectable waveforms, plus extremely flexible VCF and VCA filters, the PRO-1 is sure to become one of your favorite keyboards.
Behringer PRO-1 Analog Synthesizer Features
True to the Original:
- Amazing analog synthesizer with dual VCO design allows for amazingly fat music creation
- Authentic reproduction of original circuitry with legendary 3340 and 3320 semiconductors
- Pure analog signal path based on authentic VCO, VCF and VCA designs
- 3 simultaneous oscillator shapes (OSC A: Saw / Pulse, OSC B: Saw / Triangle / Pulse waveforms)
- Classic 4-pole filter design with self-resonance capability
- Powerful modulation matrix for 2 modulation buses for flexible music creation
- Dedicated and analog LFO with simultaneous Sawtooth, Triangle and Square oscillator shapes
- 2 envelope generators for modulation of VCF and VCA
- Easy-to-use 64-note dual sequencer (LFO clock serves as master clock)
- Arpeggiator with 3 patterns for great sound effects
- 16-voice Poly Chain allows combining multiple synthesizers for up to 16 voice polyphony
- Complete Eurorack solution, main module can be transferred to a standard Eurorack case
- 56 controls give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- Audio input for processing external sound sources for enhanced creativity
- External control inputs and outputs (Gate, Filter etc.)
- Comprehensive USB/MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection
- 3-Year Warranty Program
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
Great care has been taken in engineering the PRO-1, including the true to the original analog circuitry, legendary VCO, VCF and VCA designs, all of which combine to make it easy to recreate the classic sound performance. This highly-focused attention to detail is what gives the PRO-1 its ultra-flexible sound shaping capability, which covers everything from super-fat bass and lead tones to stunning effects – and all the way out to the otherworldly sounds of your imagination.
Big, Fat Tones:
The inspired synthesizer tracks laid down in the 1980s and ’90s are etched in the annals of progressive rock, wave, EDM and synth-pop music forever, making them truly classic in every sense of the word. The PRO-1 lets you recreate all of that magic – or design incredibly fat and original sounds that will make you a legend in your own right!
Authentic 3340 Oscillator:
PRO-1’s 3340 Voltage Controlled Oscillators (VCOs) provides your choice of up to 3 simultaneous waveforms (Oscillator A: Sawtooth and Pulse, Oscillator B: Sawtooth, Triangle and Pulse), with a selectable range of 4 octaves. The VCOs can be modulated via the envelope or the low frequency oscillator (LFO). Performance is further enhanced by the Mixer section, which balances the levels of the internal VCOs and noise generator. This amazing flexibility gives you the tools to be your creative best.
The very heart of PRO-1’s sound is its classic 4-pole filter, which lets you freely experiment with the Cutoff Frequency, Resonance and Envelope and Keyboard amount, and full complement of ADSR (Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release) controls to dial in the perfect sound. PRO-1’s filter Mode switch can be set to either Lo- or Hi-pass for selecting the range of your choice.
16-Note Poly Chain Ready:
While it is a monophonic instrument (one note at a time), PRO-1’s 16-note Poly Chain function lets you combine multiple synthesizers for up to 16-voice polyphony – plus provides vastly improved reliability and stability over its 1970s and '80s predecessors.
Designed to handle the rigors of life on the road or in the studio, your PRO-1 can easily be transferred into a standard Eurorack case for the perfect integration into your existing system.
Rock Right out-of-the Box! :
Your PRO-1 comes ready to rock, thanks to its default signal routing that doesn’t require lifting a single patch cable to instantly create amazing sounds. The semi-modular architecture lets you easily tap into the inspired sounds of 1980s and ’90s progressive rock, wave, EDM and synth-pop music synthesizer tracks that made rock and roll history – or to design incredibly fat and original sounds that will make you a legend in your own right!
The Envelope, Please... :
Make that envelopes! PRO-1’s Low Frequency Oscillator (LFO) features your choice of Sawtooth, Triangle and Pulse waveforms with a sweepable frequency range from 0.1 to 30 Hz – plus 2 separate Envelope generators for modulating the VCF and VCA.