At the top of their class, the Behringer Q1204USB Xenyx USB Mixer uses premium microphone preamps and includes a feature set typically associated with expensive pro level mixers. Perfect for live and recording applications, the Q1204USB is ‘wireless-ready’ so you can easily integrate a pair of behringer ULM offering the first USB wireless receiver built into a mixer of this class. Other Features include built-in USB/audio interface, mono channel compressors and recording and editing software to turn your Q1204USB into a high-performance recording studio.
Behringer Q1204USB Xenyx USB Mixer Features
What's a Compressor?
- Premium ultra-low noise, high headroom mixer
- 4 state-of-the-art, phantom-powered Xenyx Mic Preamps comparable to stand-alone boutique preamps
- 4 studio-grade compressors with super-easy "one-knob" functionality and control LED for professional vocal and instrumental sound
- Wireless-ready for high-quality Behringer digital wireless system (not included)
- Built-in stereo USB/Audio Interface to connect directly to your computer. Free audio recording, editing and podcasting software plus 150 instrument/effect plug-ins downloadable at behringer.com
- Neo-classic ‘British’ 3-band EQs for warm and musical sound
- 2 aux sends per channel: 1 pre fader for monitoring applications, 1 post fader for external FX devices
- Clip LEDs and mute/alt 3-4 function on all channels
- 2 subgroups with separate outputs for added routing flexibility
- 2 multi-functional stereo aux returns with flexible routing
- Balanced main mix outputs with gold-plated XLR connectors plus separate control room, headphones and 2-track outputs
- Control room/phones outputs with multi-input source matrix
- Long-wearing 60-mm logarithmic-taper faders and sealed rotary controls
- Planet Earth switching power supply for maximum flexibility (100 - 240 V), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by Behringer Germany
Ask professional sound engineers what their favorite piece of external processing gear is and the response will be virtually unanimous – dynamic compression. What's compression? Glad you asked. Compression limits the dynamic range of a signal, lowering the level of loud sounds and turning up softer sounds to achieve sonic balance. But applying compression is a delicate art that many novice, and even intermediate sound techs have difficulty mastering. 'One-knob' compression is available on all mono channels and is easy to operate, even for entry-level users. Now you can easily dial in the perfect amount of compression for instruments and vocals, creating powerful mixes with punch and clarity. 'One-knob' compressors come standard on each and every Xenyx Q Series USB mixer.
Sonically Superior Mic Preamps
All Xenyx mixers have one thing in common; great-sounding, high headroom Xenyx mic preamps. These state-of-the-art mic preamps are a tremendous step in the evolution of audio technology— and they can easily hold their own, even when compared to expensive, boutique-style mic preamps. Xenyx preamps offer a staggering 130 dB of dynamic range with a bandwidth that extends from below 10 Hz to well above 200 kHz. As a result, Xenyx mixers provide such transparent, crystal-clear performance that you just might think someone upgraded your microphones while you weren’t looking.
Sweet British EQ
The British consoles of the 1960s and ‘70s changed the sound of rock and roll. Without them, the British Invasion might not have even happened. Those legendary mixing desks soon became the envy of engineers and producers all over the world. The channel EQ on Xenyx mixers is based on that very same circuitry, allowing you to imbue signals with incredible warmth and detailed musical character. Even when applied generously, these equalizers exhibit sweet forgiveness and superb audio quality.
There was a time when the recording process called for lots of specialized gear, which meant the average musician had to buy time at a recording studio—and that time was expensive! But modern technology has put personal recording well within the reach of virtually anyone with access to a computer. But how do you get all that music flying around your brain into a computer? That’s where Xenyx Q Series mixers come in. Thanks to the built-in, bi-directional stereo USB audio interface, you can connect directly to your PC or Mac computer via a single USB cable. Now any signal source connected to the mixer can be recorded straight to your hard drive.
Because you’ll want to take full advantage of your Xenyx QX Series mixers’ recording and podcasting potential, Behringer put together a massive software download at behringer.com that includes Audacity (the most popular open source audio editor), Podifier, Juice, Podnova and Golden Ear (a great selection of podcasting software). You also get more than 100 virtual instruments and 50 FX plug-ins, turning your computer into a complete home-based or mobile recording studio.
Ideal for both live-performance and home-based recording, the Xenyx Q1204USB compact mixer provides 4 mono channels with premium Xenyx mic preamps, sweet 3-band British-style EQ, plus two stereo channels. A professional-quality mixer through and through, all mono channels feature true +48 V phantom power, ‘one knob’ studio-grade compressor and two Aux Sends (one pre/post fader selectable per channel, one post-fader). Two stereo Aux Returns are provided for use with external FX modules. You also get our seamless wireless mic functionality (QX1204USB only), thanks to the built-in ULM receiver port. The built-in USB audio interface provides bi-directional transfer of signals between the mixer and your computer. The handy Mute/ALT 3-4 function allows you to tap into 4-Bus capability.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.