The Behringer X32 completely changed the game by rethinking what is possible from a digital mixer – and over 100,000 users are enjoying the results. Now, that same technology has been incorporated into a small, but incredibly powerful, rack-mountable mixer that will forever change both the way you record – and the way you play live music.
The revolutionary X18 is a powerhouse 18 input/12 bus digital mixer that also serves as the launch pad for your favorite computer tablet – including iPad and Android tablets. It is ideally suited for both live and studio applications, thanks to its 16 award-winning MIDAS-designed mic preamps, convenient integrated Wifi module for wireless control – and a lightning-fast, bidirectional USB Audio Interface.
Behringer X AIR X18 Tablet-Controlled Digital Mixer Features
- iPad/Android tablet controlled 18-input digital mixer for studio and live applications
- 16 award-winning MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- Built-In Tri-Mode Wifi router for direct operation—no need for external routers
- 18 x 18 channel, bidirectional USB interface for direct recording on iPad etc.
- Revolutionary Dugan Auto-Mixing automatically manages microphone gain sharing (future firmware)
- Award-winning X32 effects rack featuring 4 stereo FX slots including high-end simulations such as Lexicon 480L and PCM70, EMT250 and Quantec QRS etc.
- 100-band Real Time Analyzer (RTA) for all channel and bus EQ’s
- ULTRANET connectivity for BEHRINGER’s P-16 Personal Monitoring System
- Ultra-wide tray suitable for almost all tablets, iPads and even mini notebooks
- 6 aux and main LR buses with inserts, full dynamics processing and 6-band parametric or 31- band graphic EQ
- 6 TRS aux outputs and 2 XLR main outputs plus stereo RCA output and phones connectors
- 40-Bit floating-point DSP features unlimited dynamic range with no internal overload and near-zero overall latency
- Free iOS, Android and PC/Mac/ Linux apps available for remote operation via Ethernet, LAN or WiFi
- MIDI In/Out allows controlling the mixer via MIDI equipment (incl. Mackie Control protocol) or for use as a USB MIDI interface
- Future firmware updates, incl. new FX ‘Plug Ins’, downloadable from behringer.com free of charge
- Internal switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio and low power consumption
- 3-Year Warranty Program
- Conceived and designed by Behringer Germany
The freedom to move around and manipulate all parameters of your mix with the free iOS, Android and PC apps lets you dial in the perfect sound from anywhere in the venue – or the tracking room! Advanced engineering and meticulous design deliver stellar sonic performance at an extremely affordable price – changing the game once again.
MIDAS – The Legend in Sound Quality
Ever since its formation in the 1970s, MIDAS has had a long history of innovation and leadership in the world of audio mixing consoles. Employed by the most famous touring acts and installations worldwide, legendary MIDAS consoles such as the XL4 and Heritage H3000 quickly became industry standards.
MIDAS has earned their impeccable reputation due to their no-compromise approach for audio and build quality and in particular for their award-winning Mic Preamps which are considered by industry experts as the industry’s best sounding designs. Building on this legacy, the XL8 and PRO Series of Live Mixing Systems continue this great heritage of award-winning audio quality.
BEHRINGER is proud to incorporate MIDAS designed mic preamps for the ultimate in high quality audio reproduction in both live and studio environments. Find out more about MIDAS’ amazing legacy by visiting their extensive website.
Built-In Tri-Mode Wifi Router
Designed for the ultimate in mobility, the X18 comes with an integrated Wifi module for direct control of your mixer’s functions – without the need to setup and configure an external router. The X18 gives you the freedom to focus on your mix, while allowing you to move about the venue to experience what every part of the audience is hearing. Plus you can adjust live monitor wedges from the artist’s perspective – or better yet, let them mix their own IEMs and floor monitors via their own tablets.
- 1.Access Point is the easiest way to connect up to 4 clients directly and concurrently (i.e., iPad, Android smartphone/tablet or laptop). This mode should have your remote control up and running in less than a minute.
- 2.Wifi Client allows you to add your mixer to the existing wireless network where the controlling apps and devices are connected.
- 3.Alternately, wired connections can be made directly to your PC, to a local area network (LAN), or when connecting to a dedicated Wifi router, e.g., for extended range or 5 GHz applications.
The incredibly fast and comprehensive 18 x 18 channel, bi-directional USB interface makes the X18 an amazingly powerful digital mixing solution for recording directly to your iPad or PC. Dial in the perfect monitoring mix with effects and zero-latency, while sending up to 16 microphone signals – and the keyboard player’s MIDI notes to your DAW for recording.
When your application calls for a multiple-microphone setup, such as an onstage panel discussion, press conference or courtroom proceeding, etc., it can become a challenge to maintain so many open mics – and preserve maximum gain and priority for the moderator.
A major first for compact audio mixers, our revolutionary X AIR Gain Sharing technology can easily manage fully automated mixes with up to 16 live microphones. Based on the legendary Dan Dugan automix system, the X18’s gain sharing paradigm automatically controls the levels of all selected microphones in real time, without any gating artifacts or noise modulation.
This function dramatically reduces the typical feedback, studio noise and comb filtering challenges that can occur when two, or more mics are in close proximity of each another. X AIR Gain Sharing technology provides a consistent system gain structure, even when multiple speakers are talking at the same time.
4 Onboard X32 Effects Engines
Equipped with the very same FX engines as the now legendary X32 Digital Mixing Console, the Onboard virtual FX Rack provides access to four true-stereo (8 mono), multi-effects processors including delay, chorus, dynamics – plus the X18 can run production-quality, true-stereo reverbs concurrently with 31-band EQ on the main and aux buses, all without the need for any additional hardware.
You can select any combination of high-end simulations of legendary studio effects, such as the Lexicon 480L and PCM70, as well as the EMT250 and Quantec QRS reverbs. Onboard processing means your computer doesn’t have to do the heavy lifting during a mixing session with DAW plugins as the X18 has a whole studio of FX under its hood.
Custom-designed, and physically modeled after some of the most iconic and sough tafter processors, all effects run inside the low-latency environment of the X18 mix engine, ensuring flawless performance, flexible routing and the end of cable faults forever!
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.