An ideal creative partner, the EV-1-WL is a powerful MIDI expression pedal for controlling devices through Bluetooth MIDI, USB, and TRS MIDI outputs.
Take Control of Your MIDI Music World
Take command of your MIDI music gear with the BOSS EV-1-WL, the world’s first wireless MIDI expression pedal. The EV-1-WL provides wireless foot control for BOSS products such as the EURUS GS-1, Waza-Air, and Katana-Air music apps on mobile devices, and anything that can receive CC messages via Bluetooth® MIDI. In addition, USB and MIDI TRS connectivity are on hand for wired control of computer music software and standard MIDI devices. Whether you go wireless or wired—or both at once—the EV-1-WL delivers a ton of MIDI power in a compact footprint.
Boss EV-1-WL Wireless MIDI Expression Pedal Features
Expand Your Performance Range with Bluetooth
- Powerful MIDI control pedal with three ways to connect: Bluetooth wireless, USB, and TRS MIDI
- Use all three outputs at once with independent MIDI CC settings for each
- Communicate wirelessly with the BOSS EURUS GS-1, Waza-Air, Katana-Air, and any device that supports Bluetooth MIDI
- Class-compliant USB for plug-and-play operation with music software on macOS and Windows computers
- TRS MIDI output for controlling MIDI devices with TRS or 5-pin inputs
- Supports communication with the Roland WM-1 and WM-1D wireless MIDI adaptors
- Built-in toe switch with on/off indicators on both sides of the pedal
- Control input for up to two BOSS FS-series footswitches
- Dedicated iOS/Android app for assigning MIDI CC numbers, customizing the response, and more
- Powered with two AA batteries or BOSS PSA-series adaptor
The EV-1-WL is the ideal creative partner for the growing range of music performance hardware with Bluetooth wireless support. Use it to control pitch bend, filter, and other synth functions in the BOSS EURUS GS-1 guitar. Or add external footswitches to create a mini Bluetooth pedalboard for patch selection, wah/volume control, and more in the Waza-Air and Katana-Air wireless guitar amp systems. The EV-1-WL can also communicate wirelessly with a standard 5-pin MIDI device that has the Roland WM-1 Wireless MIDI Adaptor installed.
Wireless MIDI Control for Computers and Mobile Devices
Pair the EV-1-WL via Bluetooth with Mac computers, smartphones, and tablets to interface with music apps that support remote operation with MIDI CC messages, from guitar amp simulators and effects to virtual instruments and music production software. And if you’re a Windows user, you can add a Roland WM-1D dongle for wireless communication with the EV-1-WL.
Plug-and-Play via USB
The EV-1-WL also works as a standalone USB MIDI controller for music software on Mac or Windows computers. The class-compliant interface means there are no drivers to install—simply plug in with a USB cable and configure your software as needed for external MIDI input.
Control MIDI Stompboxes, Multi-Effects, and More
With its space-saving TRS MIDI output, the EV-1-WL is a powerful accessory for all types of MIDI music hardware, from effect pedals and multi-effects processors to keyboards, drum machines, and beyond. Use a TRS-to-TRS cable with mini plugs to connect with BOSS pedals equipped with TRS MIDI, including 200 series effects and the RC-5 and RC-500 Loop Stations. Or grab the BOSS BMIDI-5-35 cable to connect with any device that has a standard 5-pin MIDI input jack.
The free EV-1-WL Editor app for iOS and Android devices lets you customize MIDI CC assignments for the EV-1-WL’s pedal, toe switch, and up to two external footswitches. The Bluetooth, USB, and TRS MIDI outputs support simultaneous operation, and you can create independent control settings for each. It’s also possible to set the switches for momentary or latching operation, adjust the pedal’s response curve, and more.
You can adjust the following parameters via the EV-1-WL Editor app:
Compatible BOSS and Roland Products
- Expression pedal with EXP SW on—CC# 1-31/64-95, value 0-127
- Expression pedal with EXP SW off—CC# 1-31/64-95, value 0-127
- Toe switch (EXP SW)—CC# 1-31/64-95, value 0-127
- External footswitch 1 (CTL1)— CC# 1-31/64-95, value 0-127
- External footswitch 2 (CTL2)— CC# 1-31/64-95, value 0-127
- MIDI channel—1-16
- Expression pedal curve—Normal, Slow1, Slow2, or Fast
- EXP SW/CTL1/CTL2 mode—latch or momentary
BOSS and Roland products that support Bluetooth MIDI communication with the EV-1-WL will be listed here as they become available.
- BOSS EURUS GS-1 Electronic Guitar
- BOSS Waza-Air Wireless Personal Guitar Amplification System*
- BOSS Katana-Air Guitar Amplifier*
- Roland WM-1 Wireless MIDI Adaptor
- Roland WM-1D Wireless MIDI Dongle
*EV-1-WL support will be added with upcoming updates for the product’s system software and BOSS Tone Studio editor application. For the latest update information, check the Downloads tab at the product page on the BOSS website.