Boveda provides the cleanest and most purified humidity of all other products available on the market today.
Boveda's 2-way humidity control technology automatically protects your wooden instrument against warping, cracks and other damage caused by lack of humidification or too much humidification. Boveda maintains a constant 40%-50% relative humidity level within your instrument's (closed) case.
Improper guitar storage is the greatest constant danger to the condition of an instrument. Until Boveda, humidified storage meant refilling awkward and unreliable sponges, snakes or discs. Those products only work 1-way, they add humidity whether it's needed or not, while Boveda is the world's first 2-way humidity control.
If not properly stored in a stable environment, your instrument will lose the specific geometry built into it while it was being crafted at the climate-controlled factory. This can cause warping or shrinking, which will change the tune at the least and cause damage at the most. In fact, most repair problems with wooden instruments can be avoided with properly humidified storage from Boveda.
Each Boveda consists of a specially prepared saturated solution of pure water and natural salts. This saturated solution is contained within a water-vapor permeable "reverse osmosis" membrane.
Boveda Humidity Control Refill 4 Pack Features
- Includes 4 Boveda 70 gram 49% RH for guitars packaged in a resealable plastic bag
- Typically lasts between 2-6 months in a seasoned case, based on guitar case quality, time of year and climate
- Designed for use with leak-resistant Boveda pouch holders
- Boveda Dimensions: 5.25" x 3.5"
- Shelf life: 2+ years when re-sealed and kept in original packaging