The NICOMPRESSOR was the final effect pedal designed by Catalinbread’s founder, Nicholas J. P. Harris. Nic finished his design in early 2016, shortly before his life was tragically cut short on a road trip to the Oregon coast. Taking Nic’s breadboarded prototype of the effect from breadboard to a finished product was a labor of love. Developing this effect pedal the way Nic originally intended was our highest priority and goal. We dedicated many hours to this design, revising our prototype until we all agreed that this was a compressor we could all use, but still keeping the effect true to Nic’s original design as much as possible.
Catalinbread NiCompressor Pedal Features
- Bass and Treble:
- Expanding on the concept of uncompromising tone, these knobs boost desired frequencies, bringing them to the surface.
- The Treble brightens your tone, making it sparkle, even when compressed.
- The Bass enhances the lower-frequencies and increases sustain when turned up.
- Gain: The Gain allows you to experiment by adding some grit or grain to your sound.
- Compression: Staying true to its inspiration, this single knob design allows you to find the sweet spot and make adjustments simply and effectively.
- When turned up, the compressor sends out a hot signal, boosting from within.
- When turned down, the next effects in the chain boost the compression.