Displaying the same high dynamics and low distortion as the "vanilla" 7603, the 7603-XMod simply provides a different character to the sound of the pre-amplifier. As with the 7603, the fundamental design architecture of the 7603-XMod retraces the path of revered, classic pre-amps of the past as well as our popular 7602, however Chameleon has chosen to continue the tradition created by the 7602-XMod, allowing users to revel in the character and performance afforded by Carnhill's legendary English components.
Chameleon Labs 7603 XMod 1-Channel Microphone Preamplifier Features
- UK Carnhill Microphone and Line Input transformers and Carnhill UK output transformer, all with mu-metal housings
- High resolution, low noise discrete audio circuitry
- Hi-Z Direct Instrument Input (TRS)
- Discrete Class A Electronic Topology
- Three band, inductor based EQ
- 48V phantom power for mic input
- Selectable 300Ω or 1200Ω Mic Input Impedance
- Custom VU meter (input/output) with calibrated ballistics
- Relay based selection of Line / Mic & DI Inputs
- Overload input and output indicators
- Reverse Phase Switch
- Universal, on-board power supply
- "MADE in the USA"---Seattle.
Once your audio exits the input transformer, our circuit boards are carefully crafted to ensure the highest possible signal integrity. As a starting point, we developed a new discrete audio input gain stage based on our vision for a solid topology that provides extremely low noise, high dynamics and extreme bandwidth. All of the 7603-XMod’s operational amplifiers used throughout the device are based on this topology.
The 7603-XMod features EQ stages with four different available adjustments—Variable High Pass, Low Frequency Shelving, Mid Frequency and High Frequency Shelving. Our engineers made a conscious decision to stay with the same, desirable, inductor-based topology that made our 7602 so popular, however we implemented our new discrete Op Amp to drive signal through a new set of custom Chameleon designed and manufactured inductors, providing the musicality we all love to use.
Its output stage is unique with respect to its design and performance. It can be described as a variable gain circuit that simultaneously adjusts both the input and output levels in order to generate a lower noise floor and extraordinary audio performance.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.