LUSH-101 isn’t based on one machine. It’s built from modules that can be found in many modern virtual synths, combined into one compact, logical layout. Don’t let its looks fool you: Though it may look benign at first, its modular, multilayer architecture takes it beyond simplistic poly-synths to the top shelf of extremely powerful, deeply programmable, yet devilishly versatile instruments in your arsenal.
The multilayer architecture guarantees that both the sound design possibilities and the number of unique situations in which LUSH-101 can be used are virtually limitless. Multitimbral sounds can be quickly created by simply assigning any (or all) of the 8 layers to the same MIDI channel; this can result in anything from subtle chorusing to sonic anarchy! Assigning the layers to different keyboard zones allows you to create sophisticated splits, and an entire split-zone preset library exists to get you started. Of course, you can always assign various layers to different MIDI channels for 8-part multitimbral usage, and send out up to 11 Audio Outputs.
With all of these splits, layers, multitimbral options and routing capabilities, there’s no end to what you can do with just a single instance of LUSH. With each layer working as an independent synthesizer with its own polyphony, parameters, enhanced arp and a choice between 8 of the finest insert effects, LUSH-101 lets you reach “unheard of*” creativity.
Want to get weird? In addition to a very sophisticated MIDI-learn implementation, an advanced modulation matrix is built into each layer. Even the Arpeggiator’s MIDI output can be used as a modulation source, allowing for complex sequences and refreshingly odd progressions.
LUSH also comes complete with a powerful built-in mixer, complete with layer-independent parametric equalizers and compressors that can be rearranged. Volume, Pan and superb send effects allow you to put the finishing touches on the final output.
LUSH can sit in any seat at the genre table. The Gate can be used instead of the VCA for instant staccato sounds for energetic Funk and rhythmic pockets. For Ambient or Chillout, drag out the attack and release times along with our smooth, rich & spacious built-in reverb to satisfy even the most ardent purists. Is Dubstep or Drum & Bass more your speed? No problem! Filters modulated by the LFOs and envelopes in conjunction with Unison mode can lead your creativity with the nastiest leads*, and base your sound in the most gnarly basses* - you and your sound system will be pleasantly confused as to what hit it, so watch out! No matter what (or how) you want to play it, LUSH will get the sound.
Sound like nothing else.
LUSH-101’s suspiciously accurate sound is achieved only through experience: countless hours were spent analyzing classic analogue synthesizers, and then designing and implementing DSP algorithms with close attention to every component in the signal path—not just approximating its overall output. We deliver to you a synth built on oscillators of uncompromising quality, filters with an incredibly natural warmth and character, and best-in-class effects.
Innovative oscillator algorithms developed by D16 make LUSH-101 sound exactly like a sampled hardware analog synth—but without the sampling! There is no aliasing in the oscillators, even at 22kHz from the note’s base frequency. Vibrato and pitch bend don’t compromise the spectral quality of the oscillators, allowing LUSH-101 to sound completely authentic even with the most challenging performances.
A notable problem present in many virtual analogue synths is that the harmonics of generated sound waves tend to disappear well below (and up to) the Nyquist frequency, causing them to lack clarity and punch. LUSH-101 was designed from the ground up to avoid this, resulting in a rich, exacting sound, even when using the simplest waveforms!
D16 Group LuSH 101 Synthesizer Features
- Multi-core support for computers equipped with multi-core processors for better performance.
- Multilayer architecture with 8 independent Layers (per-layer properties)
- Up to 32 voices of polyphony
- MIDI channel
- Keyboard zone
- Audio output
- Oscillators (Saw, PWM, Noise), with Supersaw and HardSync options
- Sub Oscillator (5 waveforms)
- Self-oscillating, high-quality, multimode filter
- Passive high-pass filter
- Up to 8 voice unison with Tune, Cutoff and Panorama spread
- 2 LFOs with optional tempo synchronization and re-triggering modes (Trig, Gate, Arpe, None)
- 2 envelopes with re-triggering modes (Trig, Gate, LFO1, LFO2)
- String Ensemble
- Vowel filter
- Note velocity
- Pitch bend
- Modulation wheel
- Expression pedal
- Sustain pedal
- Keyboard’s aftertouch
- Note pitch
- Arpeggiator’s output
- Step sequencer (Gate and Tie per step)
- 6 Run modes (Up, Down, Up and Down, Down and Up, Random, Manual)
- Chord mode (Gater)
- 3 Hold modes (Normal, Toggle, Trigger)
- Tempo multiplier (Full notes, Dotted notes, Triplets)
- Parametric EQs (1 per channel strip)
- Compressors (1 per channel strip)
- Up to 11 freely-assignable stereo output busses per instance
- Send FX’s (Reverb, Chorus, Delay with tempo sync)
- Over 1600 factory presets
- 5 preset categories (whole synth, single layer, Arpeggiator, Reverb, Delay)
- Advanced, file-based preset browser
- Advanced MIDI learn
- Parameter mapping for VST / AU automation
- Selectable GUI size