The Earthquaker Devices Hummingbird is a choppy, sawtooth tremolo modeled on the vintage "repeat percussion" unit and similar to those found in old Valco and Vox amplifiers.
V4 Updates - February 2018
Flexi-switch switching for latching or momentary control
Silent relay-based switching
The Earthquaker Hummingbird is capable of producing everything from classic "50s style" shimmering tremolo to a synthy, delay-like chop that turns your signal into a burst of short pings and on through to near ring modulation speeds. Simply choosing between modes 1 (slow), 2 (mid-tempo) or 3 (fast) and adjusting the rate and depth controls will unlock a whole new world of amplitude modulation at your feet.
EarthQuaker Devices Hummingbird V4 Tremolo Guitar Pedal Features
- Repeat Percussions / Tremolo - Choppy, sawtooth tremolo based on vintage "repeat percussion" units
- Capable of sounds from classic shimmering "50s style" tremolo to synth-y, almost ring modulated high speed tremolo
- Three-way Mode toggle selects LFO range: position 1 is slow, 2 is midtempo, 3 is fast
- Expression pedal control over Rate parameter allows for truly random amplitude modulation
- JFET output stage boosts above unity gain to counteract perceived volume loss
- With Depth set to zero, Hummingbird doubles as JFET clean boost
- True bypass
- Silent relay-based switching
- New flexi-switch switching allows for momentary or traditional latching operation
- Current draw: 10 mA
- The Hummingbird is all analog, true bypass and handmade one at a time in Akron, Ohio.
The Rate is also expression pedal accessible to allow instant changes on the fly. Using an expression pedal opens up the possibility of true random amplitude modulation! In addition to the modulation, the Earthquaker Hummingbird has plenty of clean gain on-tap allowing you to either boost or cut the signal using the level control. If the Depth is turned to zero, the Hummingbird will become a JFET clean boost! The Hummingbird is all analog, true bypass and handmade one at a time on a gilded cloud in Akron, Ohio.CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.