All-tube 50 watt tone machine, the MIG-50 delivers the vintage tweed tone and sweet harmonics players love. The Sovtek MIG-50 had a well-earned reputation for delivering the rich sound reminiscent of a tweed Fender Bassman®. Our new Electro-Harmonix MIG-50 head is a faithful reissue of the original with modern enhancements specifically selected to make it bulletproof. Now combined by hand in our NYC factory from the highest quality, globally sourced components, the build quality is first rate.
The MIG-50’s classic design features two channels, each with independent volumes. Input I is the normal channel, input II is bright/high gain. A vintage-style tonestack provides a single set of treble, middle, bass and presence controls. Plug right into the MIG-50, it comes alive when cranked, or add an overdrive and other stompboxes because this amp really loves pedals.
Fender Bassman is a trademark of Fender Musical Instruments Corp.
Electro Harmonix MIG-50 Guitar Amp Head Features
- 50 watt head
- 2 channels, each with its own volume control, channel 1 is normal, channel 2 is bright/high gain
- Treble, middle, bass and presence controls
- Two Tung-Sol 5881 power tubes
- One Mullard 12AX7 and two Tung-Sol 12AX7 preamp tubes
- 100V, 117V, 230V, 50/60Hz switchable
- External bias adjustment controls
- 4, 8, or 16 ohm speaker output