Doubling as a main loudspeaker or monitor wedge, the Electro Voice ZLX12 Passive Loudspeaker duties, the ZLX12 offers big EV sound in a compact size perfect for any venue. Featuring a 12 inch speaker and 1000 watt peak power handling, the ZLX12 Passive Loudspeaker is the ultimate combination of performance and portability.
Electro Voice ZLX12 Passive Loudspeaker Features
- 12 inch woofer for low-end punch in a compact enclosure
- 1.5 inch high-frequency titanium compression driver
- EV-engineered components for best-in-class sound
- Lightweight, super-durable composite construction
- Unique hi/lo grip design for effortless pole mounting and portability
- Patented split-baffle design for superior driver time alignment and enhanced sonic impact and intelligibility
Two new Bluetooth® audio streaming “BT” models – ZLX-12BT (12-inch 2-way) and ZLX-15BT (15-inch 2-way) – combine the superior components, coverage and clarity of the standard ZLX models with the latest Bluetooth technology to deliver the lowest-noise, highest-fidelity streaming experience in their class – wireless convenience with Electro-Voice sound quality. Already own a standard ZLX model? Connect a “BT” model for wireless stereo Bluetooth streaming!
High-efficiency 1000 W Class-D power amplifiers delivering up to 127 dB peak SPL utilizing transducers designed and engineered by EV. Clean sound, all the way up to maximum output.
Lightweight, super-durable composite construction with three-handle design for effortless pole mounting and portability. With its stunning – and often imitated -- enclosure design, ZLX looks as good as it sounds.
EV patented Signal Synchronized Transducers (SST) waveguide design provides precise and consistent coverage, minimal distortion, and maximized acoustical loading.
Available in 12” and 15” powered and passive versions, ZLX makes it easier than ever to own and experience premium professional audio. Its combination of streamlined industrial design, compact size, user-friendly operation and portability, and plentiful power have made it a great value choice for monitors and mains in DJ/musician applications such as practice spaces and small clubs, and perfect for basic installations and portable multi-purpose sound.
Why choose ZLX?
The worldwide #1 best-selling portable PA speaker
– ZLX’s unparalleled combination of performance, features and user-friendly operation have made it the proven global go-to for affordable professional sound quality – excellent all-around value from a real pro audio brand.
Often imitated, never equaled
– Since launching, ZLX’s compact, ergonomic and lightweight three-handle enclosure design has been imitated by many of our competitors, but guess what? What’s inside the box makes a big difference too, and ZLX wins when it comes to sound quality -- read the customer reviews!
The game-changing feature set that put ZLX on the map
– Best-in-class across every detail, with high-quality EV-engineered components, QuickSmart DSP with single-knob controller, EV-patented Signal Synchronized Transducers (SST) waveguide design, three-handle enclosure design, and more. Pro features in a portable package.
Over 90 years of know-how in every box
– With such an extensive track record of proven audio innovation, it’s safe to say that Electro-Voice has a deep understanding of what goes into making good sound. Where our competitors often rely on off-the-shelf components from third-party manufacturers, EV stands apart as one of the few pro audio brands to design and engineer its drivers and woofers in-house from the ground up. Our transducers are legendary for their sound quality and reliability, but it doesn’t stop there. From our invention of the humbucking coil back in 1934 to our latest patents, EV continues to push the parameters of what is possible in sound reinforcement, utilizing the industry’s most sophisticated design software, most extreme measurement processes and most grueling physical tolerance tests to take the performance of our products to the next level. ZLX encapsulates EV’s heritage of engineering excellence, making those decades of audio know-how more accessible than ever before.
Energy-efficient engineering with no compromises in performance
– EV is renowned for the quality of engineering that we put into everything we make, at every price point, for every application. ZLX represents that commitment. Our products are designed and tested above and beyond industry norms to achieve the highest levels of performance with the latest transducer and amplifier technology. We stand behind the specs we publish with our products.
The “Big Wattage” numbers that most manufacturers publish to sell their speakers have little to do with what actually matters: acoustic output.
Many customers perceive high wattage ratings as a key selling point. However, EV’s goal with powered speakers – in which the internal components are designed to work together optimally to achieve the desired level of performance in a given format/class at a given price point -- is achieving sustained maximum SPL with minimal distortion – superior all-around acoustic performance at the system’s highest output capacity. The quality of our engineering means we can reach the same high SPLs with full bandwidth sound quality while using less wattage – we continuously strive to evolve energy-efficient speaker design. Many loudspeaker manufacturers boast of super-high wattage numbers, but their products simply don't sound good when pushed to their upper limits of their stated output capacity, with distortion being the main issue. ZLX will sound powerful, crisp and clean, even at its highest volume.
When choosing a loudspeaker, it's always wise to ask ‘What's inside the box?’ Then take a listen and hear the EV difference for yourself. Featuring custom drivers housed in a breakthrough new cabinet design, the two compact and versatile passive ZLX models make EV's legendary sound quality and rugged reliability more accessible than ever before.
ZLX: Take Control
With ZLX, Electro-Voice set out with a singular goal: to deliver best-in-class performance across every detail. ZLX combines decades of proven pro-audio engineering know-how with a bold new look and user-friendly features that give you an extraordinary amount of control over your sound – all with the renowned EV quality and reliability the pros trust.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.