The Fender 70th Anniversary Broadcaster celebrates the remarkable origins of one of Fender’s most iconic models. This instrument features an ash body with Blackguard Blonde lacquer finish, period-correct black phenolic pickguard, thick “U”-shaped neck, Custom Shop-designed Original Blackguard pickups, special anniversary neck plate, embroidered case and a custom ‘Certificate of Authenticity.’
Fender 70th Anniversary Broadcaster Electric Guitar Features
- Anniversary Model, will be limited to 2020
- Ash body with Blackguard Blonde lacquer finish
- Period accurate appointments, including pickguard and thick U-shaped neck
- Original Blackguard pickups in the bridge and neck positions, designed by the Fender Custom Shop
- Wired for Telecaster operation, also includes original Broadcaster-style wiring kit
- Includes embroidered hard case and custom ‘Certificate of Authenticity.’
With the introduction of the Broadcaster in the fall of 1950, Fender’s very first solid body electric guitar with a truss rod and two pickups, the world of guitar and popular music changed forever! A few short months later, a telegram from Gretsch, owner of the BroadKaster trademark, ended Fender’s use of the name. For a short time, the word “Broadcaster” was simply clipped off the headstock decal - these guitars are known as “Nocasters.” Thereafter, this revolutionary guitar was dubbed the Telecaster. The original Broadcaster models, of which only 250 are thought to have been produced, have become highly collectible.
The controls for the Fender 70th Anniversary Broadcaster are wired for standard Telecaster operation, while an optional original Broadcaster wiring kit, included in the case, can be installed to replicate the unique “blend” circuit used in original Broadcasters.
Production of the Fender 70th Anniversary Broadcaster will be limited to 2020 only, so don’t delay in picking up this limited-edition piece of Fender history!
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.