The Fender American Original ‘70s Telecaster Custom features the first authentic CuNiFe (copper-nickel-iron) magnet powered Wide Range pickup in over 40 years, complemented by a calibrated Tim-Shaw-designed ‘70s Telecaster single-coil bridge pickup. Other touches include individual volume and tone controls for each pickup, 3-way toggle switch, original-era body radii, vintage-style hardware and a lacquer finish that lets the wood breathe naturally with resonant tone.
Fender American Original 70s Telecaster Custom Electric Guitar Features
- Alder body
- Maple neck with maple fingerboard
- Pickup configuration draws on 70s tonal flavors of heavy tones into overdriven amplifiers
- Tim Shaw Authentic CuNiFe Wide-Range Humbucker in the neck position
- Tim Shaw Vintage-Style ‘70s Single-Coil Tele pickup in the bridge position
- 3-position pickup switching, 2 volume and 2 tone controls
- 3-Saddle Vintage Style Tele Bridge with Slotted Steel Saddles
- Includes Vintage-Style hardshell case
At the dawn of the seventies, as popular music trended towards the fatter tones of humbucking pickups into overdriven amps, Fender hired legendary pickup designer Seth Lover to create a distinctly Fender-flavored take on a higher output dual-coil pickup. The resulting Wide Range pickup used large bobbins and threaded CuNiFe rod magnets to achieve its unique and brilliant sound. Featured on several iconic seventies-era Fender guitars including the Telecaster Custom, Deluxe, and Thinline as well as the Starcaster, the look and sound of the Wide Range pickup may be one of the most recognizable hallmarks of that chapter in Fender history. When those models were discontinued in 1979, real CuNiFe-magnet pickups disappeared with them.
This Fender American Original 70s Telecaster brings back the boom and swagger of those original 70s Fenders for the modern player looking to carve a new path forward musically.
The Fender American Original 70s Telecaster Custom includes a vintage-style hardshell case.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.