The Fender Player Lead II Electric Guitar is an homage to those late 70’s models, featuring dual-slanted Player series single-coil pickups, a modern “C” neck shape with medium jumbo frets, dual-toggle switches (one for pickup selection, one for phase-reverse), and of course that unique Lead double-cutaway shape.
Fender Player Lead II Electric Guitar Features
- Late 1970s Fender style electric guitar in a Lead double-cutaway body shape
- Alder body
- Modern ‘C’ maple neck
- Maple (525, 506) or Pau Ferro (538) Fingerboard
- Player Series Alnico 5 Strat Single-Coil pickups in the bridge and neck positions
- 3-position pickup switching
- Master volume, master tone, 2-position pickup phase switch
The Alnico 5 Strat single-coil pickups provide an aggressive, punchy sound. These are strong, responsive pickups with plenty of output and plenty of commanding character to tackle any style with confidence,
It was in response to low-priced import competition that Fender first created the Lead Series in 1979, featuring a new solid-body design, hard-tail bridges and cool new wiring options. Appealing to a wide variety of players, the sleek new Lead models kicked off a fresh creative era in Fender’s history.
The new Player Lead II Series offers style, power, and versatility in a comfortable, easy-to-play package.