Javier’s 6-string pickup is unique among other Fluence artist sets in that they reflect his desire for warmer passive tones, smooth musical top-end, and organic dynamics. And, like all Fishman Fluence pickups, the Javier Reyes signature set is Multi Voice and free from the hum, noise and frustrating inductance issues that plague even the most coveted wire-wound pickups.
Javier Reyes’ distinct tone, and innovative, classically influenced approach on 8-string guitar is the perfect complement to his Animals As Leaders (AAL) bandmate Tosin Abasi. Whether he’s performing with AAL or one of his other projects; Mestis and T.R.A.M., Javier is a thoughtful player who knows what he wants, and most importantly – why he wants it. That thoughtfulness led Javier on a quest that led him to Fishman Fluence, and to the creation of his signature pickup set.
Javier Reyes Signature Series Neck Pickup Features
Javier Reyes Signature Series Bridge Pickup Features
- Voice 1: Fat, bubbly neck pickup tone, round and smooth top end, potent individual notes.
- Voice 2: A Fluence-exclusive neck tone, warm and lively lows and low mids, taking on an almost hollowbody jazzbox character.
- Voice 3: Clear, open single coil tone.
- Voice 1: Thick low end, low midrange growl plus aggressive upper mids, able to create a huge wall of sound while still retaining note-to-note separation.
- Voice 2: Searing lead tone with organic treble and harmonics.
- Voice 3 (Single Coil): Clear, open single coil