Sharing the simple mic preamp design of the original Focusrite ISA 110 module from their Studio Console, Focusrite ISA 828 MkII incorporates eight of their classic mic preamps, with Lundahl LL1538 transformers on every input. Each channel has the option of mic or line inputs, while inputs 1-4 also feature instrument inputs on the front panel. Each mic pre has variable input impedance, to provide a range of subtly different sonic options when using microphones, including an ‘ISA 110’ setting, which replicates the impedance of the original Focusrite mic pre.
Focusrite Pro ISA 828 MkII Microphone Preamp Features
- Optional A-D card with up to 192kHz, 24-bit sampling offers high-quality, precision digital audio conversion to Dante, ADAT and AES3
- Classic ISA mic preamp design featuring Lundahl LL1538 input transformer
- Switching power supply design allows for efficient and cool operation
- Front-panel instrument inputs to first four channels
- Line inputs with dedicated input connectors and front-panel switch
- Switchable input impedance including classic ISA 110 setting
- High-pass filters
- Switchable insert points when used with A-D card
- Calibratable, per-channel six-segment LED peak-level meters
Up to 60dB of gain is available, with a further +20dB of continuously variable trim, providing a huge 80dB gain range. The high-pass filter features variable cut-off frequency between 16 and 420Hz. The Focusrite ISA 828 MkII features high-pass filters, calibratable per-channel, six-segment LED meters, and switchable rear-panel insert points, which allow the use of inline processors such as compressors or EQs.
Dedicated connectors for mic and line-level inputs allow all sources to be connected simultaneously, making ISA 828 MkII perfect for permanent installation in a rack. New to the ISA 828 MkII is an updated power supply that allows for more efficient power consumption, a reduction in heat generation, and extremely reliable operation.
The optional ISA ADN8 analogue-to-digital expansion card provides eight Dante, ADAT and AES3 outputs at rates of up to 24-bit/192kHz.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.