Stunning realism with fast and life-like transient reproduction. The R1A offers the special and natural sound that has been available in classical microphones like the RCA 44 and 77 that are still used to make high quality recordings today after around 80 years.
The R1A features the highest quality components such as a Lundahl 1927A transformer and Mogami cables with Neutrik XLR gold plated connectors
Golden Age Premier R1A Ribbon Microphone Features
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- The unmatched natural and musical sound of a classical ribbon microphone combined with a discrete amplifier (no integrated circuits used), powered by standard 48V phantom power, that isolates the ribbon and the gain make-up transformer from the outside world. A stunning realism with the feeling of "being-there" and a fast and life-like transient reproduction.
- The typical large and mellow ribbon sound quality with a very smooth top end and an extended low end.
- An ultra-high SPL capability, 160 dB SPL (1% THD @ 1000Hz) and a very high sensitivity for a ribbon microphone, similar to many condenser microphones.
- Figure-8 directional pattern for wide sweet spots both in the front and in the back of the microphone.
- 50mm long ribbon made of 2 microns thick aluminum foil and an internal shock mount for the ribbon and magnet assembly.
- Selectable high pass filter and -10dB Pad.
- Removable microphone cable built with Mogami Neglex Studio Quad cable and Neutrik XLR gold-plated connectors.
- Swedish made Lundahl 1927A transformer.
- High end Wima film and Nichicon electrolytic audio capacitors used in the amplifier.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.