Not many artists could handle the chromatic harmonica as incredibly well as Jean-Baptiste Fréderic Isidor, Baron Thielemans, better known as Toots Thielemans. He was the most iconic Jazz harmonica player of the 20th century and played with artists like Miles Davis, Ella Fitzgerald, and Jaco Pastorius. He served as a great influence to many others, including John Lennon.
To honor this Jazz legend with only one instrument would have not done him justice, which is why we teamed up with him and designed two instruments to his specifications. The Toots Mellow Tone is the first of the two, with short slot reeds and thin reed plates for a rich, warm sound perfect for ballads.
Hohner 7538-C Toots Mellow Tone Harmonica Features
- Brass reed plates
- Nickel reeds
- 48 reeds
- Pearwood comb, optimized for improved response in the upper register
- Double lacquered comb
- Chrome mouthpiece
- Stainless steel cover plates
- Short slide action
- Chrome plated brass covers with Toots signature embossing
- 1.05 mm chrome plated brass reed plates
- Key of C
- Chromatic tuning
- 12 holes
- 3 octaves
- 15.5 cm / 6.1"
- Item Dimensions LxWxH: 7.5 x 2.5 x 1.5 inches