Designed for bassists looking to explore the upper region of the fretboard, the BTB846V is a 6-string bass tuned from B to C. The BTB846V includes a mahogany with a poplar burl/ash top, the neck sports a rosewood fingerboard with abalone inlays and a Mono-Rail VS bridge provides optimum adjustment for superior intonation. Electronics feature the excellent tone of Bartolini BH2 pickups through an Ibanez 3-band EQ with a mid-frequency selector switch for advanced tone control.
Ibanez BTB846V Bass Guitar Features
- The stainless steel frets are known for their bright tone, and they add player-friendly features, such as long durability and a smoothness to bend on.
- Rosewood produces a rich mid-range with a crisp high end.
- A "zero" fret provides accurate intonation, while allowing open strings to ring with the same resonance as notes played up the neck.
- The saddles can be adjusted +/-1.5mm, to answer to the bassist's detailed demands and to help finding out the best string spacing for many playstyles.
- The Bartolini BH2 pickups provide a tight bottom-end, punchy mid-range, and smooth response. The dual-coil style configuration maximizes articulation and a long blade pole piece widens the magnetic field, providing balanced string-to-string pickup response.
- The Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/3-way mid-frequency switch offers tonal variations that enhance simple chord work as well as complex soloing.
- Neutrik locking jack provides stable and secure connections, preventing accidental disconnect or shock and vibration.
The BTB846V bass is excellent for playing chords and soloing up by a 33” scale neck. Another innovative feature of the BTB846V is the inclusion of a height adjustable Poplar burl Finger Ramp. The ramp prevents players from digging in too hard when plucking finger-style and encourages a lighter playing technique, which helps promote a broader dynamic range and better tone. It also acts as a thumb rest that provides access to a wider plucking area, allowing players to explore more tonal options by varying the distance of their hand from the bridge.
The mission of the Ibanez Bass Workshop is to pioneer new frontiers in bass development by pushing the boundaries of conventional designs. The impetus behind each one of these unique instruments comes from the desire of the Ibanez bass development group to satisfy the specific needs of a very particular player and to hopefully inspire new vistas of creativity.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.