The Pentatone preamp from Ibanez affords the perfect blend of features all wrapped up in an intuitive, all-analog platform. Extraordinary tone shaping control, dynamic arrays of distortion and exceptional amounts of EQ are all laid out at your feet. This preamp brings together five individual tone shaping sections in the form of a pre boost, distortion with two band EQ, a noise gate, 5-band parametric EQ, and post boost.
The pedal also includes a bright switch, which enhances treble response by boosting the high frequency range. The two integrated footswitches control the preamp bypass and post boost functions, while adding an Ibanez IFS2L external foot-switch enhances the player’s control even further by also making the pre-boost and 5-band parametric EQ foot-switchable. From simple tone shaping, to crunchy overdrive and even the most crushing distortion, the Pentatone preamp covers it all.
Ibanez Pentatone Preamp Pedal Features
- PRE BOOST pushes gain section but can also be used to reduce the input signal level
- POST BOOST raises the overall signal level
- BRIGHT switch brings out more brightness and rolls off some low end
- Dedicated DISTORTION section with 2-band EQ for bass and treble
- 5-band PARAMETRIC EQ for detailed tone shaping
- NOISE GATE with super-fast response and natural sustain
- Two integrated foot-switches control preamp bypass and post boost
- PRE BOOST and 5-band parametric EQ can also be controlled by Ibanez IFS2L external foot-switch (sold separately)