Maximus will deliver transparent peak limiting and volume maximization without coloration of the processed sound. However, Maximus is much more than a pristine quality Mastering Maximizer, it's also a Compressor, Limiter, Noise Gate, Expander, Ducker and De-esser. Maximus excels equally well as a final mastering plugin or as a per-track effect. Lock and load.
Anywhere you need accurate compression, but particularly as the last effect in the Master Mixer Track when creating a final master. If you need to compress individual Kick or Bass sounds
Maximus will quickly become one of the most rewarding tools in your recording and mixing arsenal. Maximus applies level maximization via compression and/or limiting across three frequency bands, to enhance and improve the final track. Used sparingly, Maximus raises the volume of the track without introducing unwanted distortion and ensures that the quieter parts, often lost in the mix, are more easily heard. Bass can be increased and higher frequencies sharpened. Selected elements of a mix, instruments or vocals for example, or complete tracks are given a professionally mastered 'presence'.
Maximus is much more than a pristine quality Mastering Maximizer, it's also a Compressor, Limiter, Noise Gate, Expander, Ducker and De-esser. Maximus excels equally well as a final-stage mastering plugin or as a per-track effect, Maximus indeed!
Image Line Maximus Features
- 3 independent user-definable High Mid Low (HML) frequency bands.
- Custom look-ahead for the HML bands and Master compression envelopes.
- 4 limiter/compressors: One per HML band plus a Master wide band limiter/compressor.
- Each compressor has an infinitely variable compression curve. Create any shaped knee or special effects (limiting, compression, gating or expansion).
- Fully configurable. Any of the HML or Master compressors can be bypassed to configure Maximus to suit any limiting, compression or maximization task.
- Two saturation types per HML & Master bands, with independent gain.
- Phase-free mixing between the frequency dependent compressors and the master, perfect for parallel & NY-style compression.
- Per-band stereo separation controls.
- Optional IIR or Linear-phase band-split filtering.
- 4 Independent stereo separation control per band
- Mixing between the frequency dependent compressors and the master, perfect for parallel & NY-style compression