Creamy tones, detailed response and gain-wide articulation, times two: The JAM Pedals Double Dreamer!
Housing their two single overdrive units (the Tubedreamer
) under one roof, the JAM Pedals Double Dreamer hosts three unique key features that offer maximum tone variety, practicality, and functionality in the smallest footprint possible while remaining 100% handmade just like all of their designs!
(Left Side) is their take on the legendary 808 Tubescreamer! This is a carefully tuned midrange frequency register delivering a warm and rich overdriven sound through any amp. A pivotal difference between the Tubedreamer
and other Tubescreamers is that JAM chooses to go with three diodes for asymmetrical clipping instead of symmetrical, enhancing the responsiveness of the pedal to fretting and picking nuances. Made with carbon comp resistors, the Tubedreamer
employs the JRC4558D chip to deliver its classic sound, just like in the original, sought-after 808’s.
(Right Side) is a Dry / Wet overdrive which has less of a mid-hump than their Tubedreamer
and allows for more low end to come through. It can track every little nuance of your playing with a wide gain-stage spectrum, ranging from highly dynamic tube-amp style break-up, all the way to full-bodied high-gain saturation with the assistance of the high-gain-stage footswitch. All of this occurs while effortlessly maintaining chord-voicing clarity! The “secret” chip it bases its sound on, along with its different clipping implementation compared to the Tubedreamer
, allow the Lucydreamer
to pair perfectly with the Tubedreamer
adding layers of harmonic content on tap!
Combine the two for new and exciting gain structures and assign the high-gain-stage footswitch to taste, making for up to six different gain-stages accessible in real time!
JAM Pedals Double Dreamer Dual Overdrive Pedal Features
The Double Dreamer features soft-click (relay) switching.
- Right footswitch engages the Lucydreamer
- Left footswitch engages the Tubedreamer
- Middle footswitch engages the high-gain function
- LEVEL (left) controls the Tubedreamer’s output level
- TONE (left) adjusts the Tubedreamer’s tone
- GAIN (left) sets the Tubedreamer’s gain level
- 3-way toggle-switch assigns the high-gain function as follows— Left assigns it to the Tubedreamer — Right assigns it to the Lucydreamer — Middle assigns it to both
- MIX sets the blend ratio between the clean and overdriven signal for the Lucydreamer
- LEVEL (right) controls the Lucydreamer’s output level
- TONE (right) adjusts the Lucydreamer’s tone
- GAIN (right) sets the Lucydreamer’s gain level
- Left internal trimmer sets the high-gain stage output level for the Lucydreamer in relation to the low-gain-stage
- Right internal trimmer sets the high-gain stage output level for the TubeDreamer in relation to the low-gain-stage
- Internal dip-switches determine the Doubledreamer’s signal routing
- Default routing
(Series: input, Lucydreamer, Tubedreamer, output)
- 2 left dip-switches UP & 2 right dip-switches DOWN
— Independent routing (Y mode: input signal splits to both overdrive circuits)
- 2 left dip switches DOWN & 2 right dip-switches UP. In order for this mode to work properly you will need two “Y” insert cables (stereo jack to two mono jacks)
- The IN jack becomes the Lucydreamer side’s breakout point (tip is input, ring is output)
- The OUT jack becomes the Tubedreamer breakout point (tip is output, ring is input)