The JBL PRX715 Powered PA Speaker
packs a serious punch with 1500 watts, a 2-way design with a 15-inch woofer and 1.5-inch compression driver, exceptional low end response and JBL’s famed durability! Designed to tackle virtually any PA application including installed sound, live music, floor monitor and so much more, the PRX715 truly takes the PRX series to the next level.
Wide coverage of 90 degrees horizontal and 50 degrees vertical makes it ideal for almost any room size. JBL’s incredible Differential Drive technology incorporates lower mass in the ferrite magnet for reduced weight while maximizing power amp efficiency for greater heat dissipation and increased power handling. With the PRX715 active loudspeaker, JBL has truly created a versatile speaker that will be an instant upgrade to your system!
JBL PRX715 Powered PA Speaker Features
High Performance Drivers
- Full range design with a 15-inch woofer and 1.5-inch neodymium compression driver
- 1500 watts of highly efficient Class-D amplification
- Differential Drive technology delivers extended frequency response, high power output and low distortion in a dramatically lighter package
- Integrated monitor angle in the cabinet for using it as a floor monitor
- Extremely rugged construction while also remaining very lightweight
- System coverage is 90 degrees horizontal and 50 degrees vertical with excellent coverage throughout the system’s bandwidth
- DSP input limiter circuit, crossover, dynamic limiting, component optimization, selectable system EQ
- XLR-1/4 inch combination mic/instrument inputs, RCA inputs, and XLR loop-through
- Easy to use mixing via selection switches on both the input and loop-thru
With a 1.5 inch annular polymer diaphragm, neodymium magnet compression driver, this speaker yields crystal clear highs and sonic accuracy. Surprisingly wide coverage angles are achieved without compromise and harmonic distortion is minimized for maximum driver SPL without harshness.
Tour tested Differential Drive technology delivers extended frequency response, high power output and low distortion in a dramatically lighter package. With the ferrite magnet positioned inside the dual-coil/dual-gap voice coil, heavy steel pole pieces are eliminated. The heat sink is the chassis itself, further lowering system weight while ensuring consistent, reliable performance.
1500 watts of highly efficient Class-D amplification drives Maximum Sound Pressure Levels are the best indication of the performance of a powered speaker and the PRX715 speaker excels in this critical specification. JBL’s ability to maximize the speaker and amplifier performance guarantees ample power, accurate dynamics and sonic purity.
Road Touch Construction
Built from a combination of 25 mm (on the top and bottom for added rigidity) and 18 mm, strong, light-weight poplar plywood made structurally sound with tongue and groove joints. JBL’s tour proven DuraFlex finish, grills from dent-resistant 16 gauge steel, and light-weight glass-filled nylon handles ensure strength and durability. All M10 suspension points are constructed from 14 gauge steel and have been tested with a yield-strength of 1000 lbs. each.
System coverage is 90 degrees horizontal and 50 degrees vertical with excellent coverage throughout the system’s bandwidth. The sound is smooth and consistent without hotspots so control is optimized.