The JHS Pedals Unicorn is JHS’s version of the heralded Uni-Vibe, continuing the inspiring modulation/phasing/rotary sounds that never fail to push musical boundaries. And just like the originals, they have included a toggle for choosing between a Uni-Vibe effect and a traditional vibrato setting. What sets Unicorn apart from all other vibe-style circuits is that it is the first-ever fully analog, photocell-based vibe with tap tempo as well as ratio, external tap control, and external rate control via expression pedal (optional).
The Unicorn does it all with only four knobs and a mini-toggle switch. In a day and age when everything has been seen and done, JHS brings you the first-ever, 100 percent analog vibe photocell modulator with onboard tap tempo. Simply perfect!
JHS Unicorn V2 Analog Univibe with Tap Tempo Features
Sounds as good as you remember
- Sounds like the originals because it’s built like the originals
- All-analog signal path delivers a warm, touch-sensitive tone
- Dry/Wet toggle selects between a Uni-Vibe and vibrato effect
- Control the rate of the effect with the Speed knob or onboard tap-tempo footswitch
- Want quarter note, dotted eighth, or triplet rhythms? They’re all found on the Ratio knob
- LED indicator notifies you of the effect’s tempo, even when disengaged
- Internal Tap/Expression mini switch controls the side-mounted Tap/Exp TRS jack
- Expression pedal control of the Unicorn’s rate in the Exp setting
- Use an external source to control the rate in the Tap Out setting (Works great with the JHS Panther Cub Delay, Emperor Chorus pedals)
- Four knobs and a mini toggle are all you need for a world of syrupy, modulated tones
- Left two controls are your tone, right two controls are your speed, toggle is your effect. It’s that simple
The Unicorn is bursting with all the lush and washy pulsations that changed what the electric guitar could sound like in the 1960s. And this is no digital emulation. The Unicorn sports the real-deal, analog photocell topology of the original units.
In-depth tempo control
There are other analog vibe pedals and there are pedals with tap-tempo control, but the JHS Unicorn is the first to put ‘em together. Add optional external speed control and a ratio knob that determines the rhythmic subdivisions - or as JHS likes to say, how much fairy dust enters into the flux capacitor of the Unicorn - and you have one of the most versatile vibe pedals on the market.
External tempo and expression control
But wait, there’s more! One of the things that makes the vintage Shin-ei Uni-Vibes so desirable is your ability to control the effect’s rate in real time with an external expression pedal. And to go one step further, you can slave the pedal to other tap-controlled pedals for rhythmic consistency across all your effects.
Couldn’t be easier to use
One of the things JHS is most proud of with the Unicorn Uni-vibe Photocell Modulator is how easy it is to dial up the exact pulse of a mystical Unicorn running across a field of 4-leaf clovers… but only if you dare.
What's new in the V2?
The original Unicorn sounds great and works perfectly, so JHS didn't change a thing about it other than: it’s now half the size, and it’s a lower price point! When everything has been done and everything has been seen, JHS now brings you a first ever 100 percent analog signal path Uni-vibe Photocell Modulator w/ Tap Tempo.CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.