The conveniently rackmountable Kemper Profiler Rack Guitar Amp Modeling Processor
provides a user interface nearly identical to the lunchbox version, with all the powerful profiling capabilities that have taken the guitar world by storm! The layout is highly intuitive and already familiar to users of more traditional amps. Kemper’s cutting edge technology captures the sonic DNA of virtually any guitar amp you connect to the Profiler Rack, resulting in profiles as living, vivid and dynamic as the original amps!
Kemper Profiler Rack Guitar Amp Modeling Processor Features
What is Profiling?
- Digitally captures the sonic fingerprint of virtually any guitar amp
- XLR and 1/4-inch connections allow for connection directly to a mixing console
- A/B comparison mode for comparing the original amp sound with the profiled sound
- Standard Gain, Bass, Middle, Treble and Presence controls
- Exchange profiles through the official Kemper Amplifier website profile exchange, emails, or other online forums and services
- Cabinet section enables you to mix and match head and cab profiles in whichever way you like
- 4 independent stomp effects slots can host effects including famous overdrives and distortions, compressor, reverb, several delays and LoFi algorithms, and a beautiful rotary speaker emulation
- Accurate models of classic effects such as a variety of chorus, phaser and flanger pedals
- External effects loop which you can patch in anywhere among the virtual stomps boxes
- Gain control ranges over 80dB and features an automatic volume compensation for clean settings
- Several ground lifts to allow you to easily deal with possible hum and grounding problems
- Does not have a built in power amp, it is to be used as a preamp
‘Profiling’ is what Kemper has named their proprietary technology that captures the sound and feel of a specific tube amplifier. In other words, the Kemper Profiler Rack doesn’t simply give you a list of static digital amplifier reproductions. Instead, profiling creates a vivid, living, dynamic and multi-dimensional image of your existing tube amp.
Profiling is as simple as plugging your tube amp into the Kemper Profiler Rack amp and pressing ‘record.’ Just insert the Kemper Profiling amplifier into the recording chain and it will do its magic. Test signals will be sent from the Kemper Profiler Rack guitar amp into your tube amp and recorded by the microphone in front of your cabinet.
You don’t even have to play your guitar. After less than a minute the Kemper Profiling Amplifier acquires the sonic DNA of your tube amp and offers you the resulting custom profile. You can then use the A/B comparison mode to compare original tube amp sound with the profiled sound for a fast and convenient way to make final tweaks to the profile to get it exactly right. Now you can take that sweet vintage tube amp sound wherever you go!
Enjoy the great profiles and rigs that come with it
They were created by professional guitarists, engineers and producers in studios all over the world. Right out of the box, you will find classic tones of studio standards as well as profiles of highly sought-after amplifiers, some costing many times the price of the Kemper Profiler Rack.
The growing library
Kemper will be working tirelessly to create new profiles for you to download for free from their website. All the profiles they create are extracted from real amplifiers and cabinets, each with a distinct personality of its own.
Create your own profiles from your own amps
If you happen to have access to tube amps, feel free to make your own profiles. You will probably feel more familiar with profiles of your own gear, than with those other people have made. If you are tracking in a studio, you should profile the guitar amps that you record with. Later, you simply take these profiles with you and know that you can recreate the exact sound of the recording, both in the rehearsal studio and live on stage.
The Kemper Profiler Rack Amplifier includes the standard Gain, Bass, Middle, Treble and Presence controls that you would expect from a guitar amplifier. However, in contrast to many vintage amps, Kemper has kept the gain control neutral, so you are able to find the sweet spot of your amp, and run this optimal sound at any gain level.
Now, imagine if you could change the sonic character of a profile way beyond what’s possible with the amp itself. What if you could change the sonic age of the amp, or the bite of the pick? What if you could modify the power supply of your profiled amp in order to benefit from power sagging or be larger than life? With the Kemper Profiling Amplifier guitar amp processor, you can!
Kemper allows you to dynamically adjust key aspects of your favorite amps which would otherwise be impossible or require hardware modifications. You can do anything from minor tweaks, such as making your Marshall Bluesbreaker profile sound a bit more vintage, to more radical changes such as adding some modern high gain chunk to your vintage Fender Bassman.
Control way beyond the usual:
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- The Amp Definition parameter determines whether the Profile leans more towards a vintage or modern character. Increase this parameter to intensify the touch response of the virtual tubes.
- The Power Sagging parameter lets the tubes breathe with your playing; damped strings will have more ‘chug,’ and clean, picked notes will cut through better when you reduce your playing volume.
- The Pick parameter controls the attack of your pick independently of the gain setting-even through heavy distortion. This innovative parameter lets you decouple your pick sound from the natural compression of the distorting tubes and cut right through the mix.
- The Amp Compressor will sustain the clean guitar when you play soft, but lets the distorted sound through, unprocessed, when you revert back to normal playing volume.
- The Cabinet Voicing parameters give you access to the guts and the character of the cabinet. You can change the size of your virtual cabinet, tune the bass resonance or control the tonal character in a creative way.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.