The CLASSIC 8 professional studio monitor is an active (self-powered) two-way studio monitor that utilizes a 1" textile soft dome tweeter paired with a 8" glass aramid woofer. The built-in power amplifiers provide a total of 100 watts of power, with a 75 watt amp driving the woofer, and a 25 watt amp for the tweeter.
KRK CL8G3 Classic 8 8" Powered 2-Way Studio Monitor Features
- 100 watt, 8" active studio monitor / Self-powered. Amps matched to drivers; no external amp hassles
- Custom bi-amped, class A/B amplifiers / Provide high headroom and low distortion
- Heavy-duty enclosure / Durable
- Front-firing port / Allows placement flexibility (i.e. near walls) without interference from a rear-firing port
- Dedicated low and high frequency level adjustment controls / Allows you to optimize the monitor's response to better match the room acoustics and the user's personal preferences
- 8" glass aramid composite woofer / Rigid and lightweight driver for optimal sound quality
- 1" textile soft dome tweeter / Smooth high frequency response with excellent HF extension to 34.5 kHz
- Bass extension to 35 Hz / Excellent low frequency response for such a compact monitor
- Universal connectivity with XLR, 1/4" TRS, and RCA inputs / Interfaces with just about any mixer and/or audio interface
- Volume control / Allows you to fine-tune your overall monitoring level
- System-optimized auto-limiter / Prevents unexpected peaks from damaging the speakers and provides consistency and clarity at high volumes
- Foam isolation pads on bottom / Protects the surface the monitors are sitting on and provides isolation for improved clarity
- 106 dB Max Peak SPL
Building on KRK's legacy of sonic accuracy and performance, the KRK CLASSIC 8 powered studio monitors incorporate over 30 years of innovation from the world's leading studio monitor manufacturer. Borrowing concepts from previous ROKIT lines—some of the most used studio monitors in the world, the CLASSIC 8 defaults to a new flat frequency solution towards more critical listening—translating into more accurate mixes. With the optional ability to engage the +2 dB KRK Bass Boost, the CLASSIC 8 can also provide the enhanced bass response and sound that music creators around the world have loved for years.