The Mackie PPM1008 Powered Mixer is ultra-light and features ridiculously robust power amps.
With 1600 watts (800W + 800W) of system power, the PPM1008 is in a class of its ownfully capable of powering a huge system (try a couple S215s AND a pair of C300s!). Mackie custom designed the PPM1008 with Class-D amps, which are cool-running and boast maximum efficiency, keeping your sound pumping until they start kicking people out. Mackie also included their proven Fast Recovery circuitry, eliminating the risk of pesky amp latching. The result is a distortion free mix even when pushing peak levels. The built-in limiter can go toe-to-toe with the most popular outboard stereo limiters used in live sound today, protecting your speakers from damage. The limiter’s attack and release times are specifically selected to address full-bandwidth music and will not muddy things up by adding any unwanted pumping. PPM mixers are surprisingly lightweight, but tremendously powerful. You can push the PPM1008 to its maximum output, distortion free!
The Right Tools for the Job
Most powered mixers out there have either a limited set of mixing tools—keeping your mix decidedly average—or they cram in a mind-boggling amount of lame effects that you would never use. Every professional carries the right tools for the job, so the PPM1008 comes with a great-sounding, highly useable toolkit.
Gig Ready Effects
- Premium Mackie preamplifiers ensure transparent, low-noise/high-headroom characteristics right at the front of the mixer. The PPM1008 offers 8 mic/line channels with trusted Mackie preamplifiers.
- True 48V phantom power allows every condenser mic to perform at its full potential.
- Legendary 3-band active EQ straight off the tremendously popular VLZ3 mixer series. Sweetening any channel is a breeze.
- Individual channel inserts (ch. 1-6) allow compressors and other outboard processing on critical instrument or voice channels. Don’t leave the lead singer hanging!
- Dedicated in-line compressors on channels 1-4 bring simple but sweet dynamics to the PPM mixers.
- Dual graphic EQs are provided for both mains and monitors. These EQs feature tight, constant-Q Filters that effect only the frequency range you’ve intended, unlike many inexpensive built-in graphic EQs that will remain nameless.
- Simple stuff like useable main and monitor output metering make a huge difference in your mix. Sorry, but 5 LED meters at the output doesn’t tell you that you’re about to clip. Our high-resolution 12 segment meters enable more visibility of your signal, and the super quick response of the meters allows what you see to translate quickly and easily to what you hear.
The all-new RMFX+ (Running Man FX) 32-bit effects processor brings gig ready
, useable effects to your mixes. Why scroll through hundreds of bizarre effects, like ghost ambience? Yeah, like anyone even knows what that means. Or how about winners like delay+phaser2, which you’ll never use in a million years. Those other mixers will leave your fingers raw from all the scrolling you have to do. The RMFX+ processor features 24 solid FX that are known for their utility and usability. Small, medium and large room reverbs with the choice of a warm or bright characteristic put your mix in the right space. Simple, rich choruses and an array of practical delays enable you to create professional mixes without requiring a two-hour sound check. Also, the RMFX+ is the first onboard processor to feature a user tap function. So if you want to use a delay, but our preset delay time doesn’t work, you can tap it in instantly! Basically, we’ve delivered a full rack of gear at your fingertips that is easy to master, allowing you to look really and sound really good at your next gig. Really, really good.
The PPM1008 is fully armored inside a solid steel chassis, helping to protect the electronics from any potential environmental hazard (Think beer.) Extremely durable polycarbonate ABS end caps will protect the PPM1008 from years of abuse caused by tossing it in and out of the truck or falling off the stool at rehearsal. Each PPM1008 features rounded front with recessed controls, so if it rolls on its face in the van or gets kicked over at the show, you can be sure that it will emerge damage-free. Two metal side handles allow you to easily pick it up and get going. It’s ultra-light so you won’t need both hands!CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.