The Martin D-18E Modern Deluxe Acoustic Electric Guitar is fully-loaded dreadnought guitar packed with vintage appointments, custom features and modern technology. A Sitka spruce Vintage Tone System (VTS) top, dovetail neck joint, and natural protein glue construction deliver the rich, fully-aged Martin tone that has inspired generations. European flamed maple binding, stylish gold frets, gold open-gear tuners, and a unique 1930s style script logo inlaid in pearl on the headstock give it a look to match its sound.
Martin D-18E Modern Deluxe Dreadnought Acoustic Electric Guitar Features
- Martin Modern Deluxe Series
- Body Size is a Martin D-14 Fret
- Solid Sitka Spruce top – incorporates Martin’s new Vintage Tone System (VTS) which allows builders to target and recreate specific visual and tonal characteristics of vintage instruments
- Mahogany back and sides
- High Performance Taper Mahogany Neck and Ebony Fingerboard
- Fishman Aura VT Blend electronics with Adjustable Aura Imaging technology
- Includes a hardshell case
The new Martin Vintage Tone System (VTS) uses a unique recipe that is based on the historic torrefaction system. VTS acts much like a time machine in which Martin can target certain time periods and age the top/braces to that era. This focused method allows Martin’s craftsmen and craftswomen to recreate not only the pleasing visual aesthetics of a vintage guitar, but also reproduce the special tones previously reserved for vintage instruments.
Ultra-modern features like a titanium truss rod, Liquidmetal bridge pins with red dots, and a composite carbon fiber bridgeplate boost volume without adding weight, making this a guitar player’s dream. Adjustable Aura Imaging technology included in new Fishman Aura VT Blend electronics allows more control over the voice of your guitar than ever before.
The Martin D-18E Modern Deluxe Acoustic Electric Guitar comes with a hardshell case and is strung with Authentic Acoustic Lifespan 2.0 light gauge strings.