The Mixars Primo is an all-in-one two channel controller for Serato DJ Pro with 4-deck control. The eight multicolor performance pads on each deck control a variety of functions including Hot Cues, Loop Roll, Slicer, and Sampler. There are dedicated controls for Serato DJ Pro’s most used features including Auto Loop controls with half and double buttons, Censor, Reverse, Slip, Grid Adjust and Slide, Pitch and Key Sync controls for perfectly synchronized harmonic mixes.
The large aluminum jog wheels feature center displays and LED rings. Touch Needle search strips sit just below the jog wheels to quickly skip through tracks. Input selector switches on each mixer channel change between Phono/Line inputs, Serato decks 1/2, and Serato decks 3/4, enabling control of all four Serato DJ Pro decks.
Mixars PRIMO 2 Channel Serato Controller and Mixer Features
- 2 channel controller for Serato DJ Pro and stand-alone mixer
- Plug and Play with Serato DJ Pro
- Built-in sound card for simple USB connectivity
- 8 Performance Pads on each deck to control Hot Cues, Roll, Slicer, and Sampler
- Large aluminum Jog wheels with On-Jog Display and LED Ring
- Full control and assignment of Serato FX
- Dedicated Auto Loop controls with half and double buttons
- Touch Needle search strip
- Censor, Reverse, and Slip buttons
- Grid Adjust and Slide controls
- Pitch and Key Sync controls
- 100mm Pitch Control
- Input selector on each channel switches between Phono/Line inputs, Serato decks 1/2, and Serato decks 3/4
- Rotary crossfader curve adjustment with Reverse switch
- 4 on-board filter-shaping effects with hi-to-low pass control: Noise, Filter, Gate, Crush
- Switchable Phono/Line input on each channel
- Combo Mic input with independent Volume, Tone and Echo controls
- Dual headphone outputs (1/4 inch and mini jack)
- Monitor section with Volume control, Cue Mix and Split-Cue monitoring
- Dedicated Sampler, Booth, and Master volume controls
- Auxiliary RCA Input with dedicated volume
- Balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA Master Outputs
- Balanced TRS Booth Output
- Input and output level meters
- Rugged build with brushed aluminum face plate
- Controller works on USB power (1A required)
- Includes 5v 2A power supply for use as stand-alone mixer
- Dimensions: 20 x 13 x 2.6 inches
- Weight: 9 lbs.
Effects sections sit above each deck, giving full control over the parameters and assignment for both Serato FX modules. Each includes an encoder to select effects, plus three knobs and buttons to adjust the effect states and parameter values. FX1 and FX2 modules can be assigned to any deck directly from the controller.
In The Mix
The Mixars Primo is also a full standalone two channel mixer. Each channel features a switchable Phono/Line input with gain control, 3-band EQ, and hi/low filter sweep knob. There are four on-board filter-shaping effects: Noise, Filter, Gate, and Crush. The crossfader has a full rotary curve adjustment and reverse switch. The master section has dedicated sampler, booth, and master volume controls, plus input and output LED meters.
A combo mic input (XLR/TRS) with independent volume, tone and echo controls. The monitor section features volume control, cue mix and split-cue monitoring, with dual headphone outputs (1/4? and mini jack). A stereo RCA AUX input is also provided on the front panel. The output section features balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA master outputs, as well as balanced TRS booth output.
A built-in sound card is included for simple USB connectivity. As a controller, Primo is fully USB powered, although the included power supply is required to operate as stand-alone mixer.
Mixars Primo includes Serato DJ Pro and is DVS Upgrade Ready. All controls can also be remapped via MIDI for use with other software.