The Mojave Audio Sling-Shock™ (Patent No. 8,571,250) is a revolutionary departure from traditional shockmount designs. Mojave done away with unreliable rubberized parts and elastic cords, producing a durable shockmount that provides exceptional isolation from vibration, rumble and resonances.
Mojave Audio Sling Shock Mount Features
- Superior isolation from vibration, shock and rumble
- Lack of self-resonance on high SPL applications
- Felt-lined, scratch-free microphone chamber holds mic securely
- No rubberized parts to degrade or stretch
- Built in microphone cable clip minimizes cable-related vibration
- Flexible for easy microphone positioning
Mojave proprietary system of non-resonant nylon cable and damped steel springs acts to isolate the microphone from vibrations induced from the microphone stand. These vibrations appear as rumble and/or low-grade noise across the bandwidth and are greatly reduced by use of the Sling-Shock.
Sling-Shocks also eliminate the self-resonance that traditional shockmounts can generate on high SPL applications like close-miked electric guitar. Shockmount self-resonance creates harmonic interferences at various frequencies – Sling-Shocks eliminate the issue. The Sling-Shock’s superior vibration-reduction capabilities and lack of self-resonance allow engineers to capture performances free of vibration-related interference across the bandwidth.
Licensed from Royer Labs.
Fits all Large-diaphragm Mojave mics, Telefunken ELAM 251, Neumann U67, U87, Bock 251, Peluso 22 251, Audio-Technica AT 4047/SV, Audio-Technica AT4060.