Mojotone's patent applied for '56 Quiet Coil hum-cancelling P-90 delivers all the vintage goodness of a coveted 1956 P-90 without ever compromising tone or feel. Vintage P-90's from the 50's were very special because of their vocal and dynamic qualities, with bold highs that breathe with clarity. The only problem was the 60-cycle hum and for today's player, 60-cycle hum can be unbearable at times.
Our approach was very simple, to make a P-90 pickup that sounds like a real vintage P-90 without the hum. ‘56 “Quiet Coil” P-90 pickups are passive and only use the parts and materials found in original vintage ‘56 P-90 pickups. Vintage spec 42 gauge coil wire, lower Gauss Alnico magnets, adjustable polepieces, and vintage braided leads.
No PC boards, batteries, stacked coils, or anything else associated with other hum-canceling pickups were used in our design. The result is simply the most pure and authentic P-90 tone possible, with absolutely no loss of true single coil P-90 tone. Cranked, they are big and bold with a classic grind that pulsates with the amplifier like a sophisticated sounding P-90. Roll back the volume to get a sweet clean tone of a vintage P-90 without losing clarity or treble.
Mojotone 56 Quiet Coil P-90 Dogear Neck Pickup Features
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Consistent scatter wound coils for that hand wound tone, sensitivity, and clarity.
- Vintage formulated Alnico magnet cores with lower Gauss levels like an aged vintage P-90 pickup.
- Vintage braided leads for easy push-back soldering.
- No routing modifications are required to fit shallow vintage routs like the taller stacked hum-cancelling designs.
- Less parts are used to build the Quiet Coils compared to other designs. Like a vintage P-90 pickup, they are SIMPLE!
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.