The Dookie Drive isn’t just for Green Day fans—this totally unique pedal provides a full harmonic range of overdriven tones for a playing experience that is full of depth and dimension. Billie Joe Armstrong’s guitar tone on Green Day’s groundbreaking album Dookie sounded dirty and punchy with the perfect amount of articulation to express the musicality of his fast, melodic riffs. He got that sound by running his signal through two heavily modified amplifiers—one scooped with a ton of gain and the other with a welldefined midrange. When it came time to mix the record, the band blended the two signals together in different ratios to match the vibe of each track.
MXR DD25 V2 Dookie Drive Pedal Features
- Get the dirty, punchy overdrive sound that Billie Joe Armstrong used on Green Day’s Dookie
- Captures the tones of both of Billie Joe’s custom amplifiers in a single pedal
- High Gain section supplies tons of scooped gain
- Crunch Gain section serves up a welldefined midrange
- Blend the two sounds together just like Green Day did in the studio
- Unique circuit design built from the ground up by the awardwinning MXR team
- Special edition artwork features Dookie explosion over brushed aluminum housing
The MXR Dookie Drive Pedal captures the sound of both the amps used on that record in a single pedal so that you can dial in your own variations of the famous Dookie sound. We borrowed the amps themselves so that the MXR team could carefully analyze all the sonic qualities that make them sound so darn good. After much analysis and A/B testing, our engineers rebuilt the amps from scratch in pedal circuit form and fit them into a single housing. The High Gain and Crunch Gain sections each have their own controls, while the Blend control allows you to mix them together just like Green Day did in the studio. If you want some extra scoop in the midrange of the overall output signal, just hit the Scoop switch.
The Dookie Drive isn’t just for Green Day fans—this totally unique pedal provides a full harmonic range of overdriven tones for a playing experience that is full of depth and dimension. This version features special edition artwork that contrasts the most explosive element of the Dookie album cover with a brushed aluminum casting for a look that’s sleek yet rugged.