Impact GX Mini helps capture your ideas no matter where inspiration strikes! Impact GX Mini fits the power of Nektar’s acclaimed Impact GX range of USB MIDI controller keyboards into your backpack: 25 mini keys with velocity, Joystick for modulation control and even Nektar DAW integration for most popular DAWs. Our unique Part 2 feature adds momentary transpose, layering and more.
Nektar Impact GX Mini USB MIDI Controller Features
- 25 velocity-sensitive mini keys
- 3 velocity curves (standard, soft, hard)
- Joystick for pitch bend and 2 modulation controls (MIDI assignable)
- 1/8 inch jack for footswitch (adapter included)
- Octave up/down buttons with LED indicators
- Part 2 LED buttons (assignable to real-time keyboard shift up/down, layering MIDI notes (intervales and MIDI channels))
- 7 transport buttons for DAW integration or MIDI assignable
- Shift button activates secondary level for a total of 14 accessible button functions
- Nektar DAW integration support (Nektar DAW Integration for Impact GX Mini currently supports: Ableton Live, Bitwig, Cakewalk, Cubase, Digital Performer, FL Studio, Garageband, Logic, Nuendo, Reaper, Reason, Studio One. Includes template setup for Pro Tools.)
On a keyboard with just 25 keys, you are bound to hit the range limits. This is where Part Two comes in: While playing, simply press one of the dedicated “Part 2” buttons and momentarily shift the octave up or down, transpose, layer another octave on top – or switch to another MIDI channel altogether. The instant you let go of the buttons, Impact GX Mini reverts back to its original settings. What’s more, any note that was played prior to pressing “Part 2” will keep playing at the original settings – so you could play and hold some really low bass notes, while playing a solo over the top. A great performance feature!
GX Mini even has a footswitch connector, so you can connect a sustain pedal. As it is programmable, you can assign any other MIDI CC message as well.
Nektar Daw Integration: Give Your Mouse a Break!:
Install Nektar DAW Integration and the 8 buttons right above the Joystick let you take control of essential tasks in your DAW right from Impact GX Mini. Most major DAWs are covered, including Ableton Live, Logic, Cubase, FL Studio and Studio One. Also included is a template setup for Pro Tools.
DAW integration features cover extended transport control including goto and set locators, track navigation, launching windows and patch navigation – without ever reaching for the mouse.