The Nord Wave 2 is a powerful 4-part performance synthesizer combining Virtual Analog synthesis, Samples, FM and Wavetable with an intuitive layer-focused interface.
With 48 voice polyphony, innovative performance features and hands-on controls, the Nord Wave 2 offers outstanding sonic possibilities with advanced layering and tweaking on the fly.
With 4 independent synthesizers in one the Nord Wave 2 offers exceptional possibilities for layering both classic waveforms and samples.
Dedicated OLED displays for Program and Oscillator sections provide an excellent overview when shaping your sounds. The wide range of performance features and instantly tweakable hands-on effects makes the Wave 2 our most versatile performance synthesizer ever.
The new Monitor mode displays your settings for Amp Envelope and Filters in the Program display for better overview and control.
The Wave 2 features a Program Layer section with faders for easily controlling the volume or pan for all 4 layer parts at once. The Layer section also provides handy features for quick layer focus, pan control, solo and multi-editing.
The new Group feature allows you to group 2, 3 or 4 layers and lets them share the same Filter, Envelope, Arpeggiator, LFO and Effect-settings - perfect when creating complex multi-layered sounds that can be edited as one coherent sound.
The Oscillator section for each of the 4 layers offers 4 modes: Analog, Wavetable, FM and Samples and is easily browsed with our new direct category mode. The Oscillator Control features additional control over shape, sync or detune.
Nord Wave 2 General Features
Analog: an extensive range of waveforms from classic analog to extended, harmonically rich new additions.
- Basic: Saw, Pulse, Pulse Width, Sine, Square with basic tuning controls.
- Shape: Waveforms where Osc Control will alter the Shape of the waveform
- Multi: 2 or more waveforms combined where the Osc Control will adjust amount of detune and spread
- Sync: Soft and Hard synced configurations, where Osc Control controls Sync Frequency
- Noise: White noise
- Samples: include high-quality samples from our Nord Sample Library 3.0 as well as the possibility to add your own custom samples using the Nord Sample Editor 3. Use the embedded sample presets for instantly playable dynamic sounds or sculpt your own sound from scratch with the "Raw Samp" mode
- Wavetable: A large number of advanced wavetables covering a wide range of tonal characteristics.
- FM 2, 3 and 4 operator configurations with harmonic and inharmonic variations.
- Dedicated OLED Display for visualization of waveforms
- Unison: The Wave 2 features a powerful multi-oscillator Unison effect with true Superwaves simultaneously generating hundreds of waveforms for extremely thick and fat sounds.
- 4-part Synthesizer with dedicated volume/pan faders
- Sample, Virtual Analog, Wavetable and FM synthesis
- 48 voice polyphony
- OLED Displays for Program and Oscillator sections
- 1 GB memory for Nord Sample Library 3.0
- User replaceable samples
- 61-note keyboard with Aftertouch
- Advanced Arpeggiator with Polyphonic Trig mode
- Gate feature for rhythmic effects
- Advanced Morph features with Impulse Morph
- Master Clock control of Arpeggiator, LFO and Effects
- Analog: Basic, Shape, Multi, Sync and Noise with up to 16 oscillators
- FM with up to 8 operators
- True Unison mode
- LFO with five waveforms
- Flexible syncing and routing options
- AD/AR envelope
- ADSR Amp envelope
- Transient Attack Mode
- 12/24 dB lowpass, lowpass M, band pass, high pass, and LP+HP
- Filter Drive
- ADSR envelope
- FX section with Tremolo, Pan, Ring Modulation, Chorus, Ensemble and Vibe.
- EQ section with Drive
- Advanced Delay section
- Reverb section with five sizes + Dark, Bright and Chorale modes