Optimized for guitar, bass and studio use, the transparent Cali76-TX compressor features a high-spec transformer output stage and balanced line out. Strictly limited run of 200 units.
Origin Effects Cali76-TX Reissue FET Compressor Pedal Features
- 100% Class-A discrete signal path
- Ultra fast “FET” response
- Attack & Release controls
- Studio-grade “discrete” preamplifier
- Rugged VU-style meter
- Low noise electronics
- Class-A discrete output-amplifier driving transformer
- Dual, low-impedance outputs (via audio transformer)
- Unbalanced instrument-level output
- Balanced Line-DI output (Please note that output signal level does not conform to the +4dBm professional studio convention, and so some additional amplification may be required.)
- Ground-lift function to eliminate ground induced hum
- Gain-switch adjusts transformer saturation
- Auto-Shutdown – preserves battery operation
- PSU Spec. Min: 13mA @ 9V / 72mA @ 18V (PSU not included)
- Suggested PSU Rating: 200mA for optimum start-up
- Designed and built in England
When Origin launched the Cali76 back in 2012, it was, and still is, like nothing else on the market. With its large, brushed aluminium enclosure, studio-grade circuitry and astonishingly transparent sound, the Cali76 broke the mould in every department.
The Cali76-TX features a custom-wound iron core transformer designed to subtly saturate and add extra harmonic complexity at higher gain levels. The Cali76-TX compressor pedal features a 12-stage LED gain reduction meter, a balanced line-level/DI output, and a high/low gain switch – useful for pushing the transformer harder.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- OUTPUT: overall output level
- INPUT/COMP: sets how much signal passes the threshold and is compressed
- RATIO: sets the amount of attenuation from anywhere between 4:1 and 20:1
- ATTACK: determines the time taken for the compressor to react to the presence of a signal
- RELEASE: sets the duration of gain reduction before recovering to no compression
- GAIN: pushes the transformer into saturated overdrive
- PAD: drops the signal from LINE/DI output by around 28dB
- GND: disconnects the ground connection to solve ground-loop-related issues
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.